Fight Night Champion Announced

Fight for this love.

In 2005 EA’s ‘Fight Night Round 3′ made jaws around the world drop.  Its sumptuous visuals still stand up to scrutiny even today.  This, along with a comprehensive boxing engine, has become the Fight Night franchise’s trademark.

Coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2011, Fight Night Champion will apparently;

“Break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing.”

The game is set to feature between sixty and sixty-five boxers on the roster and players will implement the new “Full Spectrum Punch Control” which EA Sports claims to be “the most realistic punching system ever seen” whilst being “the most user-friendly title in the franchise’s history.”

Source: IGN

1. Erroneus
    Wanted "Trophy Hunter" but was too late.

I hope they learned from the akward controls in Fight Night 4. I had to give up this game, was simply to frustrating.

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 09:52.
  2. bajere

i really hope they put in move support. I remember the view in FN as your boxer got a little bit dizzy and it went to 1st person. I always thought it would be cool to do the whole fight like that but with hands instead of the DS3 sticks. also, it will make online very interesting as you will be fighting people and not stick wagglers.

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 09:52.
  3. KAMIKAZE-UK

Loved Round 3, was put off by reviews on Round 4. Fingers crossed for this one.

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 10:17.
  4. Apnomis
    Since: Sep 2009

Hopefully it will include full Move/Kinect support, because no matter what fancy controls they assign to the analogue sticks “the most realistic punching system ever seen” would be you actually, you know, punching…

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 10:45.
  5. Origami Killer

Fight night r 3 was my first ps3 game and i really enjoyed it and was great fun on split screen and looking through the eyes was good as well. i dont think my ps3 controller enjoyed it as much as me, the controls of the game have ruined my analogue sticks, for 3 yrs now i cant stop my person walking forward on any gaem without pressing something. still loved it, round 4 is something i want to get but i think i will wait for next fight night.

also when the blood game out of their mouth was brilliant, is that on 4??

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 11:18.
  6. TRiLoGY
    Since: Apr 2009

I loved both FNR3 and FNR4, so I’m looking forward to this!! :)

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 12:09.
  7. Rocket_345

Move/Kinect support would make that game awesome. not that it wont be anyway its Fight Night it has to be awesome

Comment posted on 20/07/2010 at 22:28.