Article written by Alex C.
Published on 18/08/2010 at 07:00 AM.
Hopefully you’ll have spotted our massive banner that says Gamescom on the home page and you’ll be clicking it like a man (or woman) possessed as we spill the beans on what has, in my opinion at least, already surpassed the slightly shambolic shows this year at E3. The banner takes you to our Gamescom landing page where all the news is stashed, so keep an eye on it.
If you’re lazy and just want the goodies, though, here’s what happened yesterday:
- Kinect got dated for the UK, some sites got confused as two different press releases went out. No confusion: the date’s the 10th of November.
- Xbox Live for mobiles was confirmed, announced and detailed. Sounds nice, but nobody was really that fussed. Some of the games will be ace, though.
- Kinect’s Dance Central gets some new tracks to dance too. There is electronic music. It is good.
- Microsoft still want you to be thinking about Halo: Reach. With good reason.
- There’s a first peek at FIFA 11. It’s about football, so I’ve not even watched it yet.
- The much rumoured Mass Effect 2 release for PS3 is confirmed. Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games ever made and you should be pooing your pants with excitement.
- Here’s the Mass Effect 2 teaser.
- Sony announced that Move will come with new PS3 bundles to tempt new owners.
- For the first time since forever, Europe will get Gran Turismo 5 at the same time as everyone else. I may have overlooked a release or two here, but whatever, this is great news.
- MAG will get a Move patch. There’s also a new beta starting next week.
- SEGA’s evergreen Virtua Tennis will come to the PS3 complete with Move functionality. This could be the best game anyone has ever made about sports.
- Somebody still loves the PS3, here’s the announcement of Resistance 3 and a new Ratchet and Clank game. Love you too, boys.
- The teaser for Resistance 3 is here. New York?
- Sony sidestepped HD and instead decided we wanted live chat whilst we’re watching TV.
- There’s also new trailers for Killzone 3 and inFamous 2.
- Oh, and LittleBigPlanet 2 is looking absolutely incredible, as we all knew it would. Media Molecule know exactly what gamers want, and the sequel is going to be epic.
A huge thanks to Josh and Jimmy who covered most of the above whilst it was happening, excellent coverage I’m sure you’ll all agree. Our man Dan was there at the Sony presser and he’s currently writing up his impressions of all the games he got to see and play, so stay tuned to TheSixthAxis for much more today.
We love you, you know that don’t you?