3DS Launch Details Leaked?

Ocarina of Time 3D may also be available at launch.

Bild, a German based newspaper, believes it has leaked the launch details for Nintendo’s up and coming handheld. The 3DS is apparently due to be released on November 11th in Japan for $200, with Europe following in the spring.

Mario Kart 3D and Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle will both be launch titles but Bild also believe Nintendo have one more surprise in store. If their source is to be believed a 3D version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will also be released at launch.

Nintendo are due to officially announce release details on September 29th.

Source: MCV

1. aerobes

Mario Kart, Layton and (possibly) Zelda? Good grief … I need this in my life so much it’s untrue.

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 17:21.
  2. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Can’t afford it this year, but will definitely pick one up – probably wait until there’s been a hardware revision though

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 17:22.
  3. Dan Lee
    Common like the rest of us.
    Since: Jun 2010

This is what I’m waiting for – I’m so hyped for this machine!

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 17:23.
  4. IIVIIOJICA
    Since: Sep 2010

I would love to play Mario karts and the legend of zelda if they had the same story as the n64

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 17:27.
    • ico
      Since: Aug 2010

The story in Mario Kart 64 was a classic ;). Just kidding. I’m most excited for it for the re-releases too and the new games will just be a bonus. Be nice to play Mario64 with decent controls on a handheld. Really cannot ‘get’ the DS version.

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 19:46.
  5. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

That’s what the missus will want for christmas then ;)

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 18:08.
  6. KetchupBBQ
    Since: Feb 2010

Spring? That’s not when Christmas is…

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 18:39.
  7. Quinlank

I’d still like to see some actual games actually running first, but the chances of me picking one up are high. Spring seems a bit close for having shown no software so far that hasn’t seemingly been a heavily “stage managed” tech demo.

Also, is it still using cartridges? I don’t see what other option Nintendo has, but I was under the impression the DS was pressing the limit of what carts could offer as a storage medium.

Lots of questions still lingering around this thing.

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 19:26.
    • Dan Lee
      Common like the rest of us.
      Since: Jun 2010

The DS uses cards rather than carts, so I wouldnt worry about size limits :o)

Comment posted on 28/09/2010 at 09:06.
  8. ico
    Since: Aug 2010

My (and my wife’s) DS lite have suffered massive use in the last few years. This could well be my next large purchase but Spring seems an awfully long time to wait. If this came out for Christmas with a Leyton game I wouldn’t see the missus for a week. She’d be all over it like a cheap suit!

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 19:44.
  9. Charmed_Fanatic

Paid once for a DS … thats how its going to be, not once a year or two

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 19:50.
  10. jonny_bolton
    Chooses The Impossible
    Since: Oct 2008

From what I remember Bild isn’t exactly reputable. It’s what would happen if the Daily Mail, erm…and the Daily Mail, had a kid… To be fair though if they did make it up they’re probably not far wrong.

Comment posted on 27/09/2010 at 21:33.