PlayStation Plus Gets Free Fallout 3 DLC Today

More coming next week.

Just about everyone commenting on the last weeks “heads up” post on the EU PlayStation blog was complaining at the lack of DLC available for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month. Well SCEE appear to have heard the complaints and responded: all of the DLC for Fallout 3 will be available for PlayStation Plus subscribers to download for free this month. The first batch will be available today with the rest following on 20th October.

Note: The DLC will be available for one week only.

13 October

• Fallout 3: Point Lookout
  • Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
  • Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage

20 October

• Fallout 3: Broken Steel
  • Fallout 3: The Pitt

As well as this James Gallagher also apologised for the Hustle Kings Full Trial not making onto the store last week but said it will added with this week’s update. PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be receiving an exclusive multiplayer Split/Second: Velocity demo via the automatic download feature.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Read more: # #
  1. Ryan1991

Very good marketing from Bethesda. They know that anyone on PS+ who hasn’t played Fallout 3 will now get it dirt cheap and probably will mean more sales for New Vegas.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:29.
    • jimmy-google

I’ve had Fallout 3 sitting on a shelf since I was given it nearly 2 years ago. I may finally pop it in my PS3 now. It’s not really my sort of game but as I’ll have the DLC I may as well give it a go.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:32.
      • Ryan1991

I love pretty much any RPG but I just never really played that much Fallout compared to others. What I thought funny when they announced they were giving it to PS Plusers for free, people still moaned. They do realise that it’s all worth around £40 right?

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:35.
      • ruinereraser

40 pounds? Not anymore, I think. It may have been the case a year or two ago – when those DLC were released. But at the moment you can get GOTY edition with all those DLC for under 20 quid, whilst standard F3 release costs around 10 to 15 quid, depending on the store. So it’s more 5 to 10 quid at the moment.

Still a valuable addition to all that already own F3 on disc, so I also find the moaning a bit funny – as usual, you can’t please everyone I guess.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:39.
      • jimmy-google

If you already own Fallout 3 then you either have to buy it off the store or buy a game of the year disc. Either way it would cost you at least £15.

Not bad when it’s only cost me about £2.66 a month

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:50.
    • SpikeyMikey23

you just described me!

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 13:30.
  2. lewis815
    Since: Mar 2009

I’ve never played Fallout.. This may tempt me.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:31.
  3. foeroyingur
    Since: Jun 2010

That is great! PS+ has defo paid off for me :-D

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:32.
  4. Radboud
    Since: Nov 2008

Yes yes yes!
    I haven’t bought any of the DLC for Fallout 3, so I’ll take them…
    thank you..

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:34.
  5. Dlaf42
    Since: Mar 2009

That DLC content alone is worth the price for plus never mind all the rest of stuff i have had. The first couple of months stuff of my year subscription where so so due to already owning the most of the content but its starting to really be good now, especially for the minis and PS1 games my daughter uses on her PSP.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:35.
    • ruinereraser

Well not really, you can get F3 GOTY edition with all DLC on Bluray for under 20 pounds now. If it would be worth 40 quid, Bethesda wouldn’t be giving it for free ;) Still a nice addition to the standard month PS+ offer!

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:41.
      • djdustb
        Since: Nov 2008

By that thought it is worth about 20 quid then, I have Fallout 3 on Disk but not the GTOY so for me to get them I need to either get the ew game or download them at ful price.

My PS+ for a year has more than paid for itself already.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 12:38.
      • ruinereraser

I’m not complaining either, my PSN+ subscription has paid off already as well ;)

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 15:19.
  6. Squalje
    Since: Jan 2010

This is brilliant! I’m lucky enough to own Fallout 3 and not bought any of the DLC. This will make me go back and finish the game for sure.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:35.
  7. DrNate86
    Since: Apr 2010

Oops I just recently bought the GOTY Edition! There have been a few fantastic inclusions, this and Sam and Max really stand out. Now I just need them to release something I don’t have so I can snap it up!

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:37.
    • moshi

I sold my original and got the goty edition recently too, kinda annoying but hey how are we supposed to know. Now if we get some free vegas dlc that would be very nice

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 16:44.
  8. Michi

would be awesome if this became a regular occurance now, Dragon Age DLC would be awesome

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:38.
    • jimmy-google

Ulitimate Team (even if its for Fifa 10) would be a good one as well.

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:51.
  9. djhsecondnature

I don’t own Fallout 3 and probably never will. I’ll probably download though :-p

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:54.
    • retro_

I think you need the retail version to play the DLC so I guess you still probably never will. lol!

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 12:14.
    • SpikeyMikey23

ebay my friend! i got it for £7 and gazo got it for £4.20!

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 13:33.
  10. citizeninsane45
    Would happily punch a priest free of charge.
    Since: Oct 2008

I got Fallout 3 last year, completed it and sold it. It was ok I guess, not really my cup of tea. I think I still have my save file though. With the plethora of games out at the minute, should I pick up a cheap copy and download the DLC?

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 11:58.
    • Watchful
      Team TSA: Writer
      Since: Oct 2008

Probably not if it wasn’t your cup of tea. :)

Comment posted on 13/10/2010 at 13:08.