SCEE Shift 1.5 Million Move Controllers

That's a lot of squishy balls.

Head of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Andrew House, has stated that the division has sold around 1.5 million PlayStation Move controllers.

Speaking to Bloomberg, House said that he had seen “very significant sales” in the first month, giving a figure of “somewhere in the region of 1.5 million units” and that’s just across Europe.

“The initial sales response has been so far in excess of our initial plan that we’ll probably be looking at accelerating production,” he said.

And never shy of a bit of coverage, our old friend Gran Turismo 5 appears at the end of the interview.  “There has been a small, minor delay in terms of the last stages of getting the game released,” said House.

“We remain very confident that the game will be released before the end of this year.”

Source: iWaggle3D.

1. Charmed_Fanatic

1.5 Mill?? wow i like MOVE but never expected that much to be sold so fast!

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:21.
  2. spek
    Since: Jul 2010

I got 2 Moves a Nav, sports champions, tumble, flight control, RUSE and MAG. All brilliant. Well done SCEE

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:28.
    • kjkg
      Since: Apr 2010

I’m still to come across a use for the Nav controller. Know it’ll come in handy with some later games maybe, but for now, biggest waste of my money.

Comment posted on 15/10/2010 at 09:18.
      • DR-DAVROS

Use my NAV in RE5 its one game I passed up when originally released as the demo put me off playing with the nav and move is so much better when you get used to it. Just completed the game in CO-OP and can say it was a great game im happy i did not miss out on the CO-OP made it all the better and the MOVE\NAV better still. I hardly play sports champions, tumble or flight control and glad I picked up RE5 for £12.99. Awaiting Killzone 3 and other core games and hope they benefit from using the new device. Anyone know if the Killzone 3 Beta has MOVE support?

DR-DAVROS

Comment posted on 15/10/2010 at 09:32.
  3. ii3illy
    Since: Oct 2008

Wow!
    If each controller was sold for £30 that equals £45 million!

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:31.
  4. Stripeysocks
    Since: Apr 2010

Just in Europe too? i guess its at about 2.5 – 3 mill all around the world.

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:31.
  5. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

1.5 million is extremely impressive for just in Europe. I am yet to pick it up, and I’m sure there will be a boost when the Console bundle is released.

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:31.
  6. lewis815
    Since: Mar 2009

Still Christmas to go yet too.. Wow, successful launch.

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:33.
  7. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

Got mine today. Just getting to grips with it (excuse the pun). So far Tumble is my favourite demo. Should be getting RUSE next week.

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:35.
  8. BIGAL-1992
    Since: Jan 2009

Erm, wow. I…I wasn’t expecting THAT.

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:41.
  9. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Wonder how they break it down, how many people bought 1 stick, a nav, 2 sticks or even more.

Sales of Sports Champions is probably the best comparison (that us end users can see) to other games sales, as almost all people will pick that up, therefore discounting people, like me who buy more than one.

1.5m units is pretty good but 1.5m customers would be mighty impressive

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:42.
    • stonyk

Don’t think Sport Champion sales wopuld be realistic either as I will be Lopvefilming it as I’m sure many people will. Would be interesting to know though. Wonder how many starter packs they sold?

Comment posted on 15/10/2010 at 08:44.
  10. YOURMUMANDME
    Since: Oct 2008

And the strange girl in GAME told me it was stupid, man am I firing that ammo at her and her No Controller Camera Gizmo !
    I mean it’s not even spelled right ” ‘Connect’ I think you’ll find !” at least I know where gazzagb works now ….. ;)

Comment posted on 14/10/2010 at 22:46.
    • retro_

GAME are pro 360, not only is it obvious the second you walk in the shop but a mate works for GAME so should know i guess. He’s pro PS3 btw.

Comment posted on 15/10/2010 at 11:38.
      • Quinlank

Have heard similar from Game monkeys I associate with, but I’m not sure it’s about being ‘pro’ anything as much as it is Microsoft pulling the old Gestapo bit like they did when the 360 first launched. They’ve been told they HAVE to push Kinect at every opportunity apparently, at least they were before some decided to pretend it had sold out I suppose.

Comment posted on 15/10/2010 at 18:06.