Top Ten Amusing Fallout: New Vegas Bugs

Moonwalking dogs. What's your favourite?

Fallout: New Vegas – is it a bug ridden pile of toss or a massively playable RPG with some bearable faults? We scored the game a respectable 7 in our review but did you know the game features moonwalking dogs, hovering lizards  and crotch nibbling demon men?

10: The Amazing Hovering Lizard. It’s a little known fact that mutant lizards can levitate and reach an altitude of almost 100 metres.

9: Zombie Eye Dog. This mutt manages to get around New Vegas despite both his eyeballs being attached to the side of his head.

8. The Amazing Invisible Typewriter. You’re not fooling anyone, there is no typewriter. The typewriter is a lie!

7. The Devil Man. Devil man has a rotating head and will glide towards your crotch and make the screen go blurry. Eeek!

6: The Mysterious Giant Exclamation mark. Fallout: New Vegas equivalent of “OMG!”

5: Beyond The Thunderdome. What lays beyond the impassable range of mountains?

3: The Magical, Invincible, Multiple man. Like a set of superhuman Russian stacking dolls this is a man within a man within a man.

2: Michael The Moonwalking Dog. He’s bad.

1: The Man Who Has A Ceiling For His Head. Fallout: New Vegas was directed by David Lynch (see no.7 for further proof).

1. nofi
    One for all.

Oh lordy. Makes you wonder, huh?

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:34.
    • Averna
      Since: Apr 2009

Makes me wonder what kind of testing phase they have over there.

I had to restart my game because it locked my right stick and thus I could only forward, back and strafe. Its a real shame too, because the actual game is great. Hopefully this patch will come out real soon.

Comment posted on 23/10/2010 at 00:34.
  2. FLUFFYB1TCH

I feel glitches give games character. I’m sure an update will fix all theses “character building” mishaps. I remember in Red Dead Redemption, in the mission where you have to get a white stallion to free the slave, just after set I him free and the mission ended, a snake came and killed him. I couldn’t finish part 2 of the mission but it made the whole world much more realistic (at least until the patch fixed it anyways. See? Character!

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:41.
    • nofi
      One for all.

Snakes killing slaves is one thing, a guy with a rotating devil head isn’t character, it’s a bug.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:43.
      • John Malcolm
        Since: Apr 2009

Insert joke about I Know A Bloke With A Rotating Head, or My Head Used To Do That, here…

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 12:18.
  3. Daywalker
    Since: Jan 2010

That devil man is horrific. Thats some excorcism shit that.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:45.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

ha ha, got me a little freaked out too.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:57.
      • shields_t
        Since: Oct 2008

It’s absolutely hilarious, if thoroughly shoddy.

Comment posted on 22/10/2010 at 00:07.
  4. Kitch

Yup. This one is a dodger for me. And not the Jammie kind.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:46.
    • deadwelsh

makes me not want to play the game now, was still quite up for it after reading the review.

Think i’ll just try to complete Fallout 3 instead of dropping £40 there

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 11:06.
  5. YamsterSG

You’re missing a 4.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:49.
    • nofi
      One for all.

It’s a bug.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:58.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

I would like to announce that a patch for this news item will be available in the near future. This will be a patch for the PC version, if you are viewing this via the PS3 then I’m afraid we really don’t care about you.

(And yes it was on purpose just so I could make a dig about Fallout 3 never being patched on PS3)

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:08.
      • solidsteven
        Never heard of him.

Tuffcub it was patched on ps3, they just did a s****y job of it.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:35.
      • theberzerka

@ Tuffcub. Thats funny as i’m viewing this on my ps3 and the pictures don’t work. I’m starting to think there’s a conspiracy!

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 19:50.
  6. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

These glitches are pretty funny, but coupled with freezing bugs its a wonder people hand over cash for a faulty product.

Still, if people keep buying it there’s no incentive for them to sort it out before release. Sure any game can have a glitch but the volume of them in Fallout titles is baffling.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:53.
    • Doofer_Nasenmann
      Since: Mar 2009

No wonder everyone rushes out to buy it when its getting lots and lots of praise by reviewers.

Maybe reviewers should rate the buggy games lower then. With such an amount of bugs a game should never get high ratings (even if the game is “long”, “complex” or similar irrelevant excuses). Bugs should have a greater impact on the score. The 9s it’s getting are ridiculous…

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:32.
      • Averna
        Since: Apr 2009

Yeah, the game in its current state is not a 9. The game beneath all of those bugs in most definitely a 9 though.

I think we should start reviewing developers. I mean thats two buggy as hell games out of Obsidian in a row, right?

Comment posted on 23/10/2010 at 00:41.
  7. jonny_bolton
    Chooses The Impossible
    Since: Oct 2008

I don’t think the moonwalking dog is a glitch, I think it’s excellent.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 09:59.
  8. bunimomike

Utterly pathetic. I’m glad articles are run like this so they realise their quality control and testing is the joke of the industry. Sloppy, unprofessional and downright inexcusable.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:03.
    • Person678
      BOOM! Headshot!
      Since: Jan 2009

It’s simply the downfall of the engine. The way the scripting works fantastic content wise, it’s just a shame that the by-product is a shit load of bugs. To be fair the turn around for details on a new patch was fantastic. Better late than never.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:20.
      • bunimomike

Whether the engine was built in-house or bought in, it’s still inexcusable.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:31.
      • wuntunzee

hear, hear.
        it’s like selling a chair, but occasionally two of the chair’s legs rotate 180 degrees.
        I think in prolificly bug ridden games like this the developer and publisher should pick up the cost of compensating the consumer.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 11:32.
      • wuntunzee

@person678
        I think better never than this level of quality.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 11:34.
  9. citizeninsane45
    Would happily punch a priest free of charge.
    Since: Oct 2008

Is it really acceptable to release such a bug ridden game like this? I appreciate that it is a rather expansive RPG but stil…..

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:13.
  10. djhsecondnature

Wow. Makes you think really.

Comment posted on 21/10/2010 at 10:19.