Opinion

'Fallout: Nuka Break' - Visual Fanfic

Roaming the wasteland with an HD camera.

Like many of you I’ve enjoyed a good few hours wandering through Fallout’s nuclear-blasted wasteland. In fact I’ve been having a little too much fun doing the wandering and not applied myself to actually finishing Fallout 3’s story.  I would say I am a fan of Fallout 3 but I fall far short of the benchmark set by these fans.

These fans, calling themselves Wayside Creations, have set out to make a non-profit film set in Fallout’s version of post-apocalyptic America.  They don’t give any indication of when the film will be finished, just that it’s “coming soon“, but here’s the HD trailer of their quest for the titular beverage.

I have to say that they make Fallout’s irradiated wilderness look more exciting and inviting than the frozen wastes outside my window.

Via: Joystiq

1. kevhardy

Makes me want to go back and play it again :-)

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 10:20.
  2. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

I haven’t played new vegas, though i enjoyed fallout 3. The bugs did my nut in 3 and by the sounds of it they’re even worse in new vegas, for that reason i wont play it. It’d be such an awesome game without the bugs, such a shame. Glad to hear the new elder scrolls has a new engine, hopefully that’ll eradicate the bugs,

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 10:48.
  3. BIGAL-1992
    Since: Jan 2009

That’s clever. I just got around to finishng the Operation Anchorage DLC on Fallout 3. Did my nut in with all the bugs and framerate problems that I had with it as well. Now all I need to do is play the Mothership Zeta and I’ll have a full house in terms of the story of Fallout 3.

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 11:05.
  4. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

I like the look of this a lot.

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 12:03.
  5. flatspikes

Big smiles and could be good… Seem rather colourful though…

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 12:17.
  6. fattyuk
    Since: Apr 2010

Fairplay to em! Looking forward to it

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 12:47.
  7. rht992
    Since: Apr 2009

not bad! its great what a few people can do with a decent camera and a computer these days just look at monster

Comment posted on 19/12/2010 at 16:25.
  8. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

I can see two problems. Firstly it’s wayyy to colourful for Fallout, and secondly it features a young gentleman who appears to, how can i put this delicately, avoid salad. There are no tubsters in the Fallout universe, everyone is thin.

Comment posted on 20/12/2010 at 09:03.