LBP2: Enhanced Move Pack On The Way

Get working on your circuit board skills.

We’ve been hearing about PlayStation Move integration in LittleBigPlanet 2 for a while now, since the original was demoed being played with Move way back at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show. Whilst LBP2 is only shipping with the separate Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves game included, Media Molecule is working away on Move functionality for the main game.

Asked in an IGN Q-and-A session how Move will be added into the game in future updates, the company revealed that they are working on integrating motion controls into the Play, Create and Share modes of the game:

The exciting thing to do with Move is, we’re working on a play-create-share pack. We’re still in the R&D phase and working out what the features will be, but it will be announced in a little while and we’re really excited. In the same was as in LBP2, you have the Controlinator and you can remap the controls, you’ll be able to do the same thing with Move. It’ll also allow the community to make their own Move games and that’s very cool.

The Controlinator is a new feature in LBP2 that allows direct gamepad control over on-screen events – rather than having to physically move Sackboy and have him activate controls in the level – and it looks like we’ll be seeing Move controls added to the potential inputs. This would make Move-optional player-created levels possible, and based on what’s been acheived both in the beta and the final game so far, giving the community even more creative tools is a very exciting prospect indeed.

Source: IGN.

1. R1MJAW

That sounds awesome. I thought we were just gonna get something similar to the Move activated material that was used in Prehistoric Moves.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:12.
  2. CNWLshadow
    Since: Oct 2009

A move controlinator!!! Now that is pretty powerful tool. Cant wait to see what some of the dedicated creators can make with move implementation.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:23.
  3. mynameisblair
    hisnameisblair

They said they were also integrating Mouse & Keyboard controls – but they’ve been pushed back and will be patched in.
    That’s all I want, a mouse for creation would be fantastic. Move would be the last thing I want to use to create, but creating a Move game inside LBP would be nice!

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:31.
    • Auntphil
      Since: Jan 2011

I would think that Move would be better than mouse. Don’t get me wrong I love the mouse and keyboard but being able to actually point to where you want objects to go would be fantastic.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 16:58.
      • BG123
        Banned
        Since: Apr 2010

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 20:49.
      • metamorph
        Since: Jun 2010

The Move is very accurate indeed for a motion-sensing device. Have you played the excellent Tumble?

Comment posted on 23/01/2011 at 04:27.
    • Guyers94
      Since: Apr 2010

That’s a good point, making the levels with the Move wouldn’t really be very useful because you need a steady hand.

But I think the main point of what he is saying is that you can create your own games with your own control schemes on the Move controller. You could still create the level with the Sixaxis (Or keyboard and mouse if that does get patched in) but you can make it so the level can be played with the Move controller with the control scheme you created.

Which is fantastic

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 17:40.
      • metamorph
        Since: Jun 2010

Not necessarily. Tumble, which came out the same week as Move I believe, is a perfect example of how strong and precise a device Move can be with the right kind of game and controls. A must-buy if you are a Move buyer.

Comment posted on 23/01/2011 at 04:28.
  4. Voganlight

Hmm haven’t discovered the “crate” mode yet, where is it? :p

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:31.
    • Redh3lix

It’s not immediately obvious, but if it’s anything like LittleBigPlanet 1, you have to play a few story levels before create mode is unlocked.

If you already own LBP1, LBP2 recognises this so you have access to create mode straight away.

… well, that’s what I heard.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 17:01.
      • JoshHood
        Small briefcase w*nker

He was referring to my typo. I mean, what typo?! (thanks, Voganlight ;))

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 17:06.
  5. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

More Move games for free!

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:33.
  6. Darth Newdar
    Since: Oct 2010

I’m really looking forward to see what creative ways Media Molecule use Move in LBP2.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:41.
  7. TSBonyman

Excellent, i was hoping they would include something like that so it’s great to hear it’s in the works!

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:43.
  8. scavenga

I was gutted to find that Prehistoric Moves was included with the full game, after having spent £7.50 on it two weeks before.
    This kinda makes up for it, though.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 15:54.
    • doomsday619
      Since: Nov 2008

Me too never realised it was going to be on the disk.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 16:34.
      • JoshHood
        Small briefcase w*nker

They made it pretty clear when SPM was announced that it would be included on the disk.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 17:08.
      • dude90

Tut tut, should have got it Free from Plus.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 20:01.
    • ARUMIR Sympozium

£7.50….,

O.O

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 16:50.
      • scavenga

Well, as I’m sick and unemployed I’m on a pretty strict budget games wise. New games in Norway cost £50-60, so I could have used that money for something that I now have to pass up on.

Wouldn’t pay for Plus, as I can’t afford to pay for content I seldom have any interest in.

Of course I’m aware that it’s probably been mentioned that it would be included, but I don’t always read everything about a game, and the screenshots + the premise of LBP+Move propelled me into an instant buy when it showed up on the PSN store.
        TSA didn’t mention anything other than it being a completely stand alone game on the original reveal article. http://tinyurl.com/5vpush8

This wasn’t meant as a big moan from me though, hope I didn’t upset anyone.

Comment posted on 23/01/2011 at 00:18.
  9. kevatron400
    Drake, baby.

Amazing news. I have no doubt the creators around the lbp community are going to do some amazing things with a move controlinator!

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 17:18.
  10. heratiki
    Since: Aug 2010

Anyone have any idea what the ETA is on this?

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 17:38.
    • JoshHood
      Small briefcase w*nker

Nothing yet. I’d expect two or three months maybe.

Comment posted on 22/01/2011 at 19:50.