Black Ops Double XP Weekend Coming

New maps and bonus XP.

Yesterday on the Major Nelson Podcast, Call of Duty: Black Ops developers, David Vonderhaar and Josh Olin, confirmed that we’re getting a double XP weekend for the Xbox 360. If you’re interested in hearing what David and Josh had to say about the event, you can head over to Major Nelson’s blog and skip to the 1:25:30 mark of the podcast.  The double XP weekend starts on February 4 and goes through February 6.  If you’re a Black Ops gamer on the 360, this is the perfect opportunity to not only try out the First Strike map pack that launches this week, but pick up some extra XP while you’re at it.

**At this time there is only confirmation for the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops.  If we find out different, we’ll be sure to let you know.

Source: Major Nelson

1. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

No deal. Fix the game and I might play it. It’s going to get traded very soon as the mp is just frustratingly full of disconnects

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 09:23.
    • jcor

Actually played a lot of Black Ops over the weekend. The 1.06 patch seems to have improved it a lot. Only had a couple of disconnections over the course of the weekend where before the patch you’d struggle to get 2 games in a row.

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 10:55.
  2. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

33 quid trade in at hmv sweeeeet!

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 09:37.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

Really? I’m doing that tomorrow then. This game was good, until it got frustrating. Dishing out a broken game, and then asking for more money for maps, disgraceful.

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 10:04.
    • tonycawley
      Pint! Pint!

If this is true I’m also doing it ASAP. Not sticking with a broken game if I can exchange.it for nfshp and get change. Loss of earnings for activision and Christ they deserve it

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 10:14.
  3. NotoriousGTT
    Since: Apr 2010

If this is just to coincide with the map pack we can assume a double XP weekend in about a month for the PS3 no?

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 10:56.
  4. jcor

I’d imagine this is just for the 360. They’ll have a PS3 double xp weekend when the maps are released on PS3.

Just wanted to say, connection issues have been a lot better for me since the latest patch. But the spawn system is still completely messed up. If you’re playing demolition for example, both teams will spawn in the same area all the time. The problem with this is that people are now abusing it by spawn camping.

A guy on my team racked up 102 kills and only 15 deaths as he was waiting for the other team to spawn and was killing them straight away. We were playing on the Fring Range map and I could see this guy from the elevated position I had just waiting in a building at the end of the map for the opposition team to spawn.

It actually pissed me off as I’ve been on the end of that crap myself, so even though he was on my team I ran down and stood in front of him until he moved off.

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 11:05.
  5. jediryan123
    Since: Nov 2008

I know the game was really broken at first, but now I can can play for a long time without any hitches and when the are problems it is because

my internet drops out (happens on bc2 aswell),
    crappy host
    or some jackass turning off his ps3 while hosting a match which doesn’t give it time to migrate.

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 11:06.
  6. l C0D3 M0NK3Y l
    Since: Dec 2010

Awesome… can’t wait! I’m planning to pickup the map pack tomorrow, and this sounds like a great way to get very familiar with them. :)

Comment posted on 31/01/2011 at 21:08.