When Modern Combat: Domination was released on the PSN it received some warm praise from many people. Unfortunately, some were put off by the hackers who managed to break in to the game pretty quickly.
Luckily, Gameloft has been monitoring the situation and today they responded with the announcement of a patch to fix many of the issues we’ve been hearing about. Chief among those fixes is the addition of “Anti-Hacking Protection” which should make the game a little bit more fair. There will also be fixes for the collision detection, money accumulation and some other minor improvements.
We are always happy to see a developer address issues which arise after a game’s release. We applaud anyone who takes the time and makes the financial commitment to get their product as tightly tuned as possible. That being said, will gamers be quick to forgive and jump into the online world of Modern Combat with Killzone 3 so close to release? Gameloft are clearly hoping there’s room in your lives for more than one online FPS!
Here’s the full fix list, due to roll out over the next few weeks, as per the press release:
- Anti-Hacking protection
- Invisible collision amendments to some maps.
- Respawn: prevent face-to-face respawns.
- Default time for a game in objective mode set to 3 minutes.
- Modification of the range of the knife (distance and angle).
- Possibility to change the range of the ping display.
- Money accumulates from $2400 instead of $0 in all modes featuring respawn.
- Quick fix of ‘death on respawn’ problems caused by connection issues.
- Adjusting of controls sensitivity.