Crysis 2 'Retaliation Map Pack' On The Way

Running out of Crysis related puns.

EA has confirmed with VG247 that the ‘Retaliation Map Pack’ is on the way for Crysis 2. It will feature four new maps: Park Avenue, Transit, Shipyard, and Compound.

You can check out the trailer here.

Source: VG247

1. Dan Lee
    Common like the rest of us.
    Since: Jun 2010

Sorry for having to link the trailer, I’m having an epic tech fail today.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 10:23.
    • Dan Lee
      Common like the rest of us.
      Since: Jun 2010

Fixed.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 10:35.
    • hazelam

personally i’m more disappointed in the lack of a pun.
      it’s like i don’t know this site any more. Q_Q

anyway, i probably wont be playing crysis any time soon unless my brother gets it from lovefilm and lends me it, that’s where most of my gamerscore comes from.

i would like to try it to see what all the fuss is about though.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 10:35.
  2. Bilbo_bobbins

I loved this online for a bit, but got really bored suddenly, not sure why. Looks like some cool new maps, I wonder if people will buy them.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 10:32.
    • aphex187
      Since: Mar 2010

Me too, loved it and then i just haven’t gone back which is a shame because it’s ace (and hard at times!).

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 11:19.
  3. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

You’re running of of Crysis puns…so there’s a pun crysis.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 10:39.
  4. SpikeyMikey23

Havent gone back to this yet. got into ME2. have not tried the multiplayer. Should have really.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 10:40.
  5. StevenHibs
    Since: Oct 2009

Wish there was more than just 4 maps, some added single player content would have been nice

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 11:00.
    • Deathbrin

I expected some MP content maybe :S

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 12:23.
  6. grimm

Map pack already? I for one am getting sick of having to buy map packs etc. after spending £40 on the game new not long ago (thinking about CoD games etc. with this statement also).

The reason I say “having to buy” is that in order to get the full experience and play with everyone else who have these maps you do indeed have to cough up.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 13:47.
    • uber-BARBIE
      Since: Jan 2010

Theres no need to spend full price on games these days. Theres always fantastic deals on the internet as well as psn cards lower than face value. So when u work it out u can get the game and its dlc’s for 40 odd quid.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 14:02.
      • grimm

Yes, but this article is about Crysis 2, which has only been out a few weeks and is still at the £35-40 mark. My other example is CoD which maintain a high price for quite some time.

My point is that I wish you could still drop £40 on a game and know that you had the full experience for that price.

I think I’m gonna go back to retro game collecting (Dreamcast/Saturn) again soon if the DLC situation keeps going the direction it’s going.

The article about the micro transaction version of CoD springs to mind, however over here it seems like they charge us for a full game AND try to get us to do micro transactions. It really does make me nostalgic for the SNES/Megadrive/PS1/N64/Saturn days.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 16:09.
    • djsunna
      Since: Feb 2010

also some games, GOTY’s usually are re-released with all the DLC for less then £40 as an example last year october time i picked up assassins creed 2 up with all the extra content for about £15.

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 16:33.
  7. RudeAwakening
    Since: Jan 2011

Have never bought any map packs for an fps before but these look great and I love crysis online even though its very hard at times.

Also just noticed the date the pack is been released 17th of may, lets hope the PSN is back up and running by that date!

Comment posted on 10/05/2011 at 19:35.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Poor mans halo. Stick to my KILLZONE thanks. CRYSIS traded.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 19:55.