Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection Announced

Toasty. Very toasty.

Not Kontent with bringing us the fantastic Mortal Kombat reboot, Warner Bros. has just announced that the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will be heading to Xbox LIVE, the PSN and PC.

Hitting consoles “late summer” the Kollection will feature Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 with online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies.

Way kool.

Source: CVG

1. grimm

All I have to say is… GET OVER HERE! :D

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:17.
  2. Deathbrin

Is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 the same as Mortal Kombat Trilogy or not? I mean do they have Motaro vs Kintaro/Goro fights over there?

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:24.
    • hunterstryfe

UMK3 and MKT are different games

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 17:21.
  3. TURRICAN-808
    Since: Jan 2011

Mortal Kombat II is already on the PSN, will that get trophy support then?

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:25.
  4. BrendanCalls
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

MKII is already on the PSN for download, I know this because I downloaded it.
    I also know that it is one of the reasons I have come to the point where I no longer play games that I remember being great from my choldhood.
    I remember this game being great on the Mega-Drive, however i destroyed that memory by re-playing it on PS3. I don’t buy games from my past anymore, because those games were of their time, they are dated and poor by today’s standards
    Nostalgia is a thing best left in the past.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:26.
    • eye8have9you3

I think it depends on what games you play and how you play them. I once tried playing MGS3 on my ps3 on a big hd tv and hated it. but now I’m a student and have an old standard def telly, which has made a massive difference. Last weekend, because of the psn being down, I got out burnout 3 and played that with a few mates.
      It was brilliant!
      although the graphics were dated, the gameplay wasn’t, and even those who hadn’t played it the first time round had a great time. I reckon if I got those same mates round this weekend and played MKII they’d have atleast as good a time.
      For me these games were always best played with a bunch of friends crowded around a tiny telly and in those conditions, the greatest games will always stand the test of time

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:39.
      • Deathbrin

I however used a 40” TV to play MGS3 on on the PS2 just about a year ago and i loved pretty much every second of it – it’s all about the game. :)

Comment posted on 13/05/2011 at 12:22.
    • 3shirts

The biggest problem with MK2 is that the game from PSN (which I was also disappointed with) is a port of the arcade version rather than the console which means the difficulty levels are much harder and the difficulty curve is insane.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:44.
    • hunterstryfe

LOL It can’t be nostalgia if it is left in the past. It would just be the past.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 17:22.
    • Deathbrin

Yeah, MK2 arcade from PSN really sucked. :S

Comment posted on 13/05/2011 at 12:21.
  5. Sympozium

Yeah Get over here in summer, not late summer… oh and 3DS, it wouldn’t hurt to be able to actually play Mortal Kombat on the go.

Just another looooooooooong wait, is there any hope for May?

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:29.
    • DrNate86
      Since: Apr 2010

Oooh I like that, 3D Mortal Kombat on the go!

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 17:11.
  6. Klart
    Since: Jun 2010

A ReKommandable Kourse of aKtion.

However, they should’ve done this before releasing the reboot (like capcom did with SFIV and SSFIIHD), it would’ve had more sales. With a better and updated version already out with pretty much the same characters, its a bit obsolete.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:33.
    • BrendanCalls
      Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

So does this mean your real username is Clart then? ;-)

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:42.
      • Klart
        Since: Jun 2010

Alas, my true identity has been revealed!

*runs away waving arms & screaming like a little girl*

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 17:33.
  7. TheArgonian
    Since: Mar 2011

I would rather have Armageddon

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:40.
  8. 3shirts

You misspelled Konsole :)

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:41.
  9. tom316

I really don’t like the old MK’s, i bought MK2 from the PS store and i try to like it but really kan’t. I find it difficult to win, KPU seems unfair, predicts my attack too easily, that’s just my opinion though, maybe i’m just really bad at it (:

I love MK9 though, awesome game !

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:44.
  10. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

Got bored of MK9 quite quickly as I only found it fun playing against friends. With Brink,La Noire,Duke,Gears3 and Rage already on my list this year I will have to give this kollection a miss

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:54.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

oh and BF3 and MW3 lol.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 16:54.
    • DrNate86
      Since: Apr 2010

Wow I’m surprised you got bored of it, I found there was loads to do single-player. The story mode alone is superb (and lengthy), and you have the varied challenges in the tower as well.

Comment posted on 12/05/2011 at 17:13.
      • Crazy_Del

I agree with DrNate – It’s fun and it will be more fun with Meets and Online.

Comment posted on 13/05/2011 at 08:35.