Patch Incoming To Fix New Vegas 'Honest Hearts' Problems

Some can't even start.

Another bug issue has hit Fallout: New Vegas, and Bethesda has commented on the fact that a fix is being worked on.

The problem is that a glitch in the ‘ED-E’ side-quest is preventing some players from booting up the new ‘Honest Hearts’ DLC that was recently launched.

“We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix for the next patch.

That said, if you already have a save game where the bug is occurring, the fix will not apply and you’ll need to revert to an earlier save prior to ED-E leaving in order to play through Honest Hearts.”

Source: Bethesda

1. jayjay119
    Since: Apr 2010

Has any part of this game actually worked the way it was inteded to? I still remember the mountain of patches released for the main body of the game. I know these days using the net companies can fix a lot but surely there shouldn’t be so much to fix in the first place!

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 08:54.
  2. nofi
    One for all.

What the hell is up with this generation? Wake me up when stuff works.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 08:55.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

Lazy publishers and devs. it seems that Profits are more important then a bug free game.:( i’m looking at you Bethseda and the Gamebryo engine.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 09:01.
  3. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

when will they learn that releasing content that cause bugs is unacceptable. I know that Gamebryo is not the best engines but i have seen it work with little to no bugs.Comeon,test the damm things before releasing them.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 09:03.
  4. eirekun
    Since: Sep 2009

My favourite thing about New Vegas was trading it in for AC:Brotherhood. Bethesda have released a string of games with bugs in them, until they change that track record, it’s cheap resale only buying from me.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 09:10.
  5. skyle90
    Since: Feb 2010

Fallout have always been the buggiest games I’ve ever played. But no matter how many times something went wrong or froze I always came back time and time again. However I’ve got my platinums for both 3 and New Vegas and I won’t be getting any DLC for the latter, just can’t be bothered any more.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 09:16.
    • Watchful
      Team TSA: Writer
      Since: Oct 2008

Whereas in my experience of around 150 hours of Fallout 3 (yes, I’m exploring everywhere) I’ve got stuck on the scenery once and it’s crashed once. For the number of hours of play it’s one of the most stable games I’ve played this generation. Guess I’ve just been lucky.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 10:25.
      • skyle90
        Since: Feb 2010

I’ve experienced some bugs but have lost count of the amount of times both games have crashed. Not a big deal mostly due to the auto save but it’s a tad annoying.

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 14:00.
      • toutski
        Legend
        Since: Oct 2008

Fallout 3 cashed for me when I was taking the G.O.A.T.

I haven’t finished New Vegas as each session is now requiring 3-4 restarts and I lose interest…

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 14:27.
      • xdarkmagician

I think it depends on how you play the game. I personally am a horder when it comes to RPGs, I collect everything and sell nothing, and I noticed when playing New Vegas that the game froze more often when I had 1000’s of weapons, armor, and food stuff in my lockers, or whenever I was overburdened and had my companions loaded to the max. I made a save copy and sold everything except what I wore and didn’t have any companions and it hardly crashed at all. Also whenever the game is saving you need to be still and let it save before any movement, action, or resave, because I noticed that the game is very vulnerable when its saving. point in short I think some play styles effect the engine more then others.

Comment posted on 21/05/2011 at 01:09.
  6. hazelam

do they not test these games?

i can understand things like getting stuck in some obscure part of the map, but how do they miss things like the dlc not working for a large number of people?

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 09:40.
  7. mrfodder

I’ve enjoyed Fallout 3 and currently playing through New Vegas and loving it, but I didn’t get either at release and they are still full of bugs. Looking forward to Skyrim next year. Should be ok by June!?!

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 10:52.
  8. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

With the exception of Oblivion I can’t actually think of a Bethesda title that delivered the goods. Brink and the Fallout series both feel unfinished and, frankly, a bit naff. Hoping Hunted: The Demon’s Forge is decent though as I really like the look of the co-op

Comment posted on 20/05/2011 at 11:10.
  9. xdarkmagician

It’s a shame that New Vegas is so buggy, because it is a diamond in the rough. While you really need to expect a game like this to be buggy because of the scale and mechanics at work, it’s disappointing that they haven’t offered more updates to address these issues. They have done a horrible job of supporting New Vegas with patches and I really, really hope they treat Skyrim better than this.

Comment posted on 21/05/2011 at 01:21.
  10. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

They just dont tempt me.

Comment posted on 21/05/2011 at 17:24.