Ratchet & Clank & Resistance Bundles Dated

Check out the classics.

It’s fair to say the PS3 user base has expanded at a pleasing rate over the last couple of years. Those who have recently taken the plunge will have a wealth of games to look forward to, but may not have gotten the chance to play some of the classics.

That’s where Insomniac’s bundles come in. As of July 22nd in both the EU and US you’ll be able to buy the Resistance Dual Pack as well as the Ratchet & Clank bundle, which features Tools of Destruction & Crack in Time.

They are all great games. In fact I’m getting all nostalgic remembering the first time I booted up Tools of Destruction.

Source: Twitter

1. Darksidesystems
    Since: Aug 2010

Any idea on a classic price tag?

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 08:20.
    • Dan Lee
      Common like the rest of us.
      Since: Jun 2010

Apparently the Resistance one has a $40 rrp. Whatever they convert that into over in Europe is anyone’s guess.

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 08:30.
      • Dlaf42
        Since: Mar 2009

Probably £40…

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 10:20.
  2. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

Didn’t like R2 outside of its single player mode but Resistance 1 was the sole reason I considered my PS3 a worthwhile day-one purchase. Co-op campaign, huge online battles, all good! well, until almost the entire community decided to make every lobby one-shot kills to boost their stats, then it became boring.

Also a big R&C fan, but Tools was definately my favourite of the two (needed a trophy patch imo!)

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:08.
  3. jimmyjrg
    Since: Feb 2010

also uncharted bundle coming soon, looks like their platinum so likely cheaply priced too. hopefully uncharted 2 comes with all dlc then i will buy the pack.

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:10.
  4. CrawFail
    Since: Apr 2010

The boxes and artwork for platinum games are absolutely disgusting but on the box art for these titles they’ve put a box art within box art. It looks like vomit on the side of wall.
    I’d never buy these and have them on my shelf. They’re a total eye sore.

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:11.
    • Samiro05

Awh man they do look disgusting ><

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:12.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

You’re right, thats absolutely horrible! Think I’d rather buy the two games seperately at about 4quid a throw from play.com heh

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:13.
      • Smallville2106
        Since: Feb 2011

Ooo that is awful lol

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 12:12.
    • BrainDiver
      Since: Feb 2011

CrawFail, I can’t un-see that!

Truly disguisting. Here’s hoping they let the Japanese division design ALL of the Team Ico Collection artwork.

Comment posted on 25/06/2011 at 09:37.
  5. Samiro05

I remember sitting on my bed in a Hong Kong hotel after ever so carefully placing Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction into the newly bought PS3. It was a time when I got even more nostalgic and thought of the opening scene to Ratchet and Clank where Clank falls from the sky onto Ratchet’s home planet of Veldin :) I think it’s a great bunch of games and anyone who hasn’t tried them should play them. I have no experience with the Resistance series though unfortunately.

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:11.
  6. KetchupBBQ
    Since: Feb 2010

What’s the point bundling up those Ratchet games when they haven’t even got Booty in there? I don’t really see how they didn’t have the chance to play any of those games… Also the title made me briefly hope that it was the original Ratchet trilogy. :(

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 09:27.
    • Gaztee
      Since: Mar 2009

Have to agree with you, it’s not complete without QFB. I loved TOD & QFB, but thought CiT was awful. Glad it got stolen as it saves me from having to bother trying to complete it! :0(

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 13:28.
  7. Reality Check
    Banned
    Since: May 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 11:02.
  8. Smallville2106
    Since: Feb 2011

I hope they do do a HD classics for Ratchet.

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 12:13.
  9. Foxhound
    Is a smart cookie.

Got all the originals….

Comment posted on 24/06/2011 at 23:09.
  10. mw999

Are the ratchet games any good? not sure if I should by the HD re-release.

Comment posted on 26/06/2011 at 14:12.