Sorcery Is Still A Thing

O frabjous day.

It was a point of concern when Medieval Moves was announced during Sony’s E3 presser with Sorcery nowhere to be seen, but despite similar stylings, it appears that the latter game is indeed still in development.

“Yes, Sorcery is still in development.”

Those there are apparently the words of Hugo Bustillos of Sony UK PR, as reported by Dealspwn. I’ve put them on a line all by themselves because I know a lot of people were looking to the game as a reason to buy Move, a peripheral that came out of E3 looking like Sony had all but forgotten about it.

In development at The Workshop, the last we heard from Sorcery was a gameplay trailer released last August. Hopefully it’ll be pulling a magical reappearing act at this year’s Gamescom show.

Source: Dealspwn, via CVG

1. Samiro05

YAY! I sent these guys an email asking if it was still in development but no reply. So.. YAY!

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 17:03.
    • GamingBlueBoy
      Since: May 2011

Wasn’t it meant to come out in January?

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 19:02.
      • Samiro05

Spring but there was just no details spread about it at all which was kind of saddening, however I’m glad it wasn’t a Tech Demo as I’ve been looking forward to this game since E3. I bought (got it as a present actually) PS Move a month ago and have loved playing the games with it. I wouldn’t mind for the greater games from the Wii which aren’t first party Nintendo titles to just make it’s way over. I did see Carneval is coming so I’m looking forward to that too.

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 20:30.
      • JoshHood
        Small briefcase w*nker

Check out stuff like No More Heroes :)

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 20:36.
  2. bacon_nuts
    Since: Mar 2011

I can hardly remember it, but I /think/ it looked pretty good. Didn’t just seem to be tat with motion controls if I remember correctly..

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 17:10.
  3. Rocket_345

This is the game that i bought Move for. Glad its still in development

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 17:34.
  4. Mickey2010
    Since: Jan 2010

Only game that makes me want PS Move

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 18:07.
  5. RudeAwakening
    Since: Jan 2011

Same as me the only reason i bought move. Still haven’t picked up a game for it!

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 18:10.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

This was the only game that tempted me to get PS Move, glad I held off buying Move now. There should be a Move kit bundled with the game, that would get me to buy it for sure.

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 18:12.
    • Roynaldo
      Since: Nov 2008

You were right to hang on. Move for me has only come up with a few gems. Heavy Rain, Eyepet and i suppose Sports Champions was quite good.

Now it sits there waiting for its potential to rise from the ashes.

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 19:24.
  7. mugsybalone

Callooh callay indeed. I was worried for a while that Sorcery had… ahem… “vanished into thin air”… good to know people in the industry haven’t forgotten about it.

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 18:15.
  8. DrNate86
    Since: Apr 2010

Phew!

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 18:45.
  9. Roynaldo
    Since: Nov 2008

I think Move failed. We had an initial influx and the odd game after that with some rough support.
    Is my move the only one sat gathering dust for the past 4-6 months?

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 19:22.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

Killzone 3, Socom, Mag – shooters are well catered for

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 20:36.
  10. XRAVE
    Since: Mar 2011

my Move controllers are not moving at all lol… shooters are bad with move in my opinion well all games are i regret i bought Move i got the sharpshooter aswell its not even fun… Socom 4 failed cause of Move… Sony should concentrate on making good blockbuster titles with just a normal controller…… im sure ps4 will fail cause of all this new bs technology stop buy all that cr@p people… though Sorcery is the only game for move looking fun…. but why the not make a game like RYSE for kinect with good graphics but no no we have 2 copy Wii completely losing my faith in Sony and was so close trading my ps3 to a360 but they not better f****** kinect only RYSE looking good well also UFC trainer for kinect cause no controller needed… Move =Fail i bet u wont see 1 on ur friends list playing a move game right now lol..

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 21:13.
    • Mikiyaru

but you see Sony are actually doing less and less Move stuff, where as Microsoft are shipping as many Kinect games as is possible. For Sony at the moment games like Uncharted are their blockbuster titles and even then Kinect dont really have any shooters coming out do they? (plus the Ryse trailer was mostly renders and hardly any gameplay) On the rails games are the worst in my opinion. Whats the point in playing a Shooting game if your character moves for you?

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 22:37.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

Like that crappy on rails Move game which took centre stage at e3?

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 22:53.
      • Mikiyaru

thats 1 game though. Fable the Journey, Star Wars, many other i cant be able to google/wiki. Its not like your FORCED to design a game without an analog stick or physical controller

Comment posted on 28/06/2011 at 00:04.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

I know what you mean xrave, Sony are so keen to prove that Move is for the car its become little more than an alt control scheme for FPS, whereas MS are releasing a mix of games for their system, sure there’s a couple of games like Move heroes, but it hardly uses the control interface in an.innovative way & would be better with a pad anyway

Now that Vita is in development & Sony will put everything behind it I think Move will stagnate further

Table Tennis in Sports Champs is revolutionary, is have expected more stuff like that, but the tennis games used Move as an afterthought & nothing else has come close, there’s not even a Sports Champs2 as the debate ate making that on rails rubbish shown at e3

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 23:00.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

* lots of autocorrect mistakes, sozzers

Comment posted on 27/06/2011 at 23:01.