Article written by Jim Hargreaves.
Published on 05/07/2011 at 05:23 PM.
Warner Bros. and War in the North developer, Snowblind Studios, have today come forward to announce a collector’s edition for their autumn action RPG. Parting with $129.99 not only gives you access to icons, avatars, themes and other digital gubbins, but an exclusive artbook, a behind-the-scenes music DVD, and exquisite quiver case as well. Note that the collector’s edition is available across all platforms including Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3. Warner Bros. has also announced that pre-ordering the game from selected retailers will reward consumers with the following add-ons:
- Amazon: Early access to part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. The comic book reveals the back story leading up to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Players will also receive the Orc Champion sword for in-game use.
- Best Buy: The Elf Theme Pack, equipped with a mystical Elven sword, armor and helmet, and get access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
- GameStop: Visit the Citadel of the Stars and the Tower of Stone with the Human Theme Pack equipped with an exclusive human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger, and get access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
- Target: Three exclusive tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
- Toys ‘R’ Us: A Limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to download parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
- Wal-Mart: The Dwarf Theme Pack which includes an exclusive dwarf sword, armor and helmet.