Sonic Generations Chemical Plant Zone And City Escape Gameplay Footage

Nostalgic.

Some gameplay footage of Sonic Generations has hit the Internet, containing both the Chemical Plant and City Escape zones.

The game is still causing a mixed reaction, with people seeming to love the classic stages but baulking at the modern bits.

I guess we will know how good it is soon enough!

Source: Siliconera

1. MegaBonez

I’m quite looking forward to this game. It looks exciting!

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 08:55.
  2. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

I’m liking the look of this. It blends the best bits from the original games with some nice new twists. I think it is the first post Mega Drive games that is worthy of the Sonic name.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 08:58.
    • Sympozium Pawa

Maybe the best since Sonic Adventure, its been too long. Good to see classic gameplay looking so great.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:50.
  3. eye8have9you3

not sure what I think of the city level, just seems strange seeing sonic in such a real setting, but what do I know. I’m pretty sure I’m out of their target market now, my little cousin loves all the games they’ve brought out these past few years, and I’m sure he’ll love this too

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:24.
    • DrNate86
      Since: Apr 2010

I’m with you on this. I also don’t see why Sonic needs a skateboard when the point of him is he can run really fast!

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:45.
      • Sympozium Pawa

But its cool?

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:49.
  4. TheLig
    Causing trouble is my business and business is good

They really dropped the ball with the frame rate on this. The demo was physically painful to play. It 100% needed to be 60fps but they’ve left it at 30, which means at the sort of speeds your getting up to, it looks like arse.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:25.
  5. Sympozium Pawa

If only Modern Sonic stages were more like Sonic Adventure.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:33.
  6. PoolieMike
    Since: Oct 2008

GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!!

Love that music.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 09:50.
  7. Charmed_Fanatic

It does look like a cool cross over between the old and new and could be one of the best Sonic games to date

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 11:16.
  8. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

It is a bit weird seeing the classic stages in 3D. I don’t like the song they chose for the modern stages as they seem unsonic like. Plus i not 100% about the modern stages. I would play the demo but i prefer not to end up with a headache. :) I thought Sonic can run very fast so wouldn’t a snowboard/skateboard be pointless for him? as he would be able to get down that hill in a few seconds by running.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 11:17.
  9. Faulker
    Since: Jun 2010

I don’t like how classic Sonic handles in this game. Too bad the demo probably expired for everyone by now, but if you played a few hours of let’s say Sonic 3 than you’ll be surprised how differently Sonic moves in Generations. Imo even Sonic 4 was better.

I’m not having in hopes for this. I just hope those who do won’t be disappointed.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 12:00.
  10. philbert8
    The Frankie Boyle Of TSA
    Since: Sep 2010

Didn’t like the demo a few weeks back, very jerky and the zooming just felt wrong; also found it difficult to see the rings. This level looks pretty cool but it’ll always be Sonic CD and my MegaCD for me.

Comment posted on 08/08/2011 at 12:11.