TellTale Are Now PS3 and Wii Publishers

Who says the future is all digital?

TellTale Games, the point and click adventure specialists, have signed deals with SCEA and Nintendo of America to allow them to publish retail games. This means that, after their similar deal with Xbox back in the Spring, they are now fully fledged, licensed publishers for retail games on all major platforms.

This news comes hot on the heels of their announcement of a date for Jurassic Park: The Game which is only available on Xbox 360 via a disc, whereas other platforms will be able to download episodes.

Back to the Future will be the first game released under this new licence and it will have a nice budget price of $19.99. We’re not sure yet if their PlayStation and Nintendo publishing deal applies to European markets or if they’ll need to sign separate deals with SCEE and Nintendo of Europe for that. We’ll see.

Source: Press Release

1. teflon
    Community Team

Fantastic news, I’ve always liked Telltale.

I do wish they’d take their game engine up 13 notches, and also be able to up production values considerably. Having said that, they do pump out a huge number of games, so it’d be an exponential increase in work to achieve this…

Comment posted on 25/08/2011 at 00:24.
    • skibadee
      Since: Oct 2009

feel the same tef I like them but a upgrade would be nice.

Comment posted on 25/08/2011 at 01:09.
  2. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Love Telltale.
    Back to the Future actually made my mum sit and watch me play a game for pretty much the first time.

Comment posted on 25/08/2011 at 00:57.
  3. Origami Killer

They also did Sam & Max if i’m not mistaken. I’ve only played through 3/5 of the episodes so far but they have been very funny and imaginative. Looking forward to seeing what they do with Jurassic Park

Comment posted on 25/08/2011 at 09:08.
  4. hazelam

i’d love to be able to get their games on disc instead of having to download them, i know they’re not huge as far as file size is concerned, but i’ve got more shelf space than i have hard drive space.
    and i like having the game boxes lined up on the shelf. ^_^

Comment posted on 25/08/2011 at 09:57.
  5. Rad4Life

Nice to hear but I don’t dig point and click games. Sam and Max was okay. But after one episode, I never found the urge to return. Too slow for me.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 00:27.