Starhawk Space Combat Trailer

Four minutes of awesome.

Can Starhawk get any more awesome? Judging by this new trailer, the answer is a firm ‘Hell yeah!’. The new trailer shows combat on, above and below an orbital platform.

Source: YouTube

1. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

‘scuse me, but… holy fuck

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:31.
    • BLAGGER
      Since: Jan 2010

You’re excused if I can say ‘Too fuck’n right!’ ….very impressed

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:46.
  2. antem92

Saw this earlier but by golly does it look good. Anyone else notice the mines at 1:15. Now I’ll be able to still get kills :P

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:37.
    • Sympozium

I’d be able to get a few kills on where they least expect :) thats the thing I loved about Warhawk….and even better Airmines on top of planes….. lol, they didn’t see anything!

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:39.
  3. Sympozium

NNNNNNOOOO!! *kuja tone*

Must get home…..

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:38.
  4. jbni
    Since: Apr 2010

This is going to be beautiful bedlam.

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:38.
  5. Jaffa-the-Cake
    Since: Oct 2010

I still don’t like it. Warhawk was perfect imo. The franchise has gone from awesome to just another online shooter. I’m not buying.

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:41.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

Warhawk is perfect, I’d be happy with 5 new maps and a new game mode and that would easily keep me going for another 4 years, so I know exactly what you mean, I just hope in all this effort to flesh out a full marketable & sellable game they don’t break anything, but I’m sure they won’t so I’m in one day1 (or hopefully before)

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 18:24.
    • TROPtastic
      Since: Mar 2011

How is it “just another online shooter”? I don’t see any other 3rd person shooters with RTS elements.

Comment posted on 16/09/2011 at 01:39.
    • MrJimmy

I think you cwazy Jaffa – when a game is all awesome, why wouldn’t you want a new spin on it? Kinda agree with CCstar that new maps would be worth a spin, but in reality that would cater for a small percentage of those who will come to the new game – which as tuffcub says keeps exceeding expectations with every press release.

Comment posted on 16/09/2011 at 09:07.
    • Louise

To be honest, i agree with you Jaffa. I loved Warhawk, it was absoloutly amazing. I don’t know what it is, but this just looks boring. The whole space setting just puts me off instantly. The metal enviroment just looks clustered, and i don’t know… i just really don’t like it. It might be personal preference coming in the way here, but i far, far, faaaar prefer the more organic setting of Warhawk.

Comment posted on 16/09/2011 at 15:19.
    • Ben
      Friendly
      Since: Mar 2009

To be honest I prefer the art style in Warhawk, the new setting seems s little too alien to me. I am reserving judgement until I have played Starhawk though, it’s only fair to give the studio a chance.

Comment posted on 16/09/2011 at 15:20.
  6. MICKY17

That was the best 4 minutes of my day. Roll on 2012.

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:42.
  7. zb100

I’m so, so glad that they decided to forego the usual drab colours as typified by today’s modern shooters & also looks like they’ve foregone the whole realism thing – much like what makes Warhawk so much fun to play. Definitely looking forward to this!

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:53.
  8. Klart
    Since: Jun 2010

Looking good.

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 14:56.
  9. E8_BALL_
    Since: Jul 2010

Awsome indeed. What a way to start the new year.

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 15:41.
  10. KeRaSh

This might actually get me into competitive multiplayer… Looks awesome!

Comment posted on 15/09/2011 at 15:58.
    • MrJimmy

if thats what your looking for – it really might. The Warhawk matchmaking was better than anything on PS3 since by a mile, you have a degree of variety of choice and control on number of players (like on a PC game, list of servers) which is so much more sensible for games like this. Also get your headset in order too, these games attract proper use and not the idiot kids found in COD etc.

Comment posted on 16/09/2011 at 09:10.