Reverge Labs has announced that Skullgirls has been delayed until early 2012. The game was originally expected to release later this year. According to the official website, the extra development time will be used to make some changes based on community feedback.
The improvements range from trivial to unique. The most interesting addition is the accidental pause prevention option, which is something that should be standard in all fighting games. Check out the list below to see what else being implemented into the game.
- Gameplay speed changes – 10% faster!
- Lots of new effects and overall presentation improvements
- Upgraded backgrounds to 3D
- Additional music from Michiru Yamane
- Requested color palettes
- Accidental pause prevention option – hold Start for 15 frames to pause
- PlayStation 3 custom soundtrack option
- Button macros to help when playing on a pad
- Innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks
- In-game art galleries
It’s also worth noting that more features will be added to Skullgirls once it’s finally released. The updates will be free of charge.