Payday: The Heist 'Green Bridge' Trailer

Delayed until later this month.

It’s a new trailer for Payday: The Heist, it is set on a bridge but it’s not particularly green. Instead, we see the heroic thieving crims rescuing yet more heroic bad guys from a prison transport whilst heroically murdering lots of policemen.

Bad news for anyone who was expecting to get their hands on the game today, as Sony Online Entertainment has announced that it has been delayed until later this month.

This delay is a move to ensure players and fans of our promise and vision to produce high-caliber games that deliver the best quality game experience. Players who pre-ordered PAYDAY: The Heist will receive the game at launch, and those who purchased the four other PSN titles as part of the PlayStation Network PLAY program will also be awarded PAYDAY: The Heist when it launches later this month, according to the terms of that program.

Source: YouTube

1. djdustb
    Since: Nov 2008

Wow I didn’t realise the PS2 games would come through so quickly :)

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 09:33.
  2. Jim H [Teabags]

Every time I see this game I get more and more excited. However, every time I see it, I also get worried.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 09:34.
  3. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

Sounds interesting. Kinda like Kane&Lynch meets Left4Dead, all with a budget price tag. Trailers don’t seem all that interesting though and the fact it only has 6 heists worries me a little.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 09:37.
    • teflon
      Community Team

Left 4 Dead only had 4 campaigns at launch…

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 10:44.
      • R4U Eldave0
        andUandU

Each of those campaigns had multiple chapters though. I haven;t seen any evidence yet to suggest Payday is going to use the same approach.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 12:03.
  4. sideshow

I know they probably didn’t have a lot of choice, but they really needed to release this a month or two ago. Now, they’re putting it out in the face of Batman, BF3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim… I don’t see it making much of a footprint in the face of the upcoming onslaught of amazing games.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 09:58.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

To be fair, this is a small PSN title and the AAA games you mentioned aren’t really Payday’s competitors. Theres been a bit of a drought of decent PSN games as of late (ignoring the Resi remakes) so I think this will be well received.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 10:44.
      • sideshow

Well, I don’t categorise games based on where I buy them from, I do it by genre. I’m getting BF3 (as is maybe… everyone on the planet? :) ), so I’m set for FPS for the foreseeable future. I guess you could subdivide Payday into co-op FPS (which I’m not that interested in BF3′s version of), but still: when I’m not playing BF3 I’m gonna want to play something a bit more distinct.
        I realise I’m just speaking for myself here, but I do think it’s how most people will behave.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 12:06.
      • R4U Eldave0
        andUandU

Nah I can follow your logic. I suppose my mindset completely changes when I play a small downloadable game rather than a disk-based retail one. Thinking about it out-loud it sounds weird but in my head it makes more sense :)

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 12:34.
      • sideshow

I know what you mean, but there’s nothing stopping PSN games being ranked amongst the AAA. Wipeout HD is one of the best games on PS3, and All 4 One looks like it could be up there too. Similarly, Shadow Complex on 360 is a download, and is the best game on the platform.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 12:38.
  5. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

Too many games, too little money :(

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 11:37.
  6. Zephyre

Another one (along with Burnout Crash) to add to the “get when it’s on offer with PS+” list.

Comment posted on 04/10/2011 at 11:55.