The Amazing Spider-Man Game In Development

Let's hope it's an Amazing movie tie in.

IGN have found a poster at New York Comic Con confirming the existence of The Amazing Spider-Man game.

The Amazing Spider-Man is being developed by Beenox, who also developed Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Spider-Man: Edge of Time. The Amazing Spider-Man game will be a movie tie in for The Amazing Spider-Man which releases in July 2012. The game will probably release then too, although obviously no date has yet been announced.

This title marks the first time that Beenox have worked on a Spider-Man title directly tied into a movie, although they did port Spider-Man 3. We gave Shattered Dimensions 7/10 when we reviewed it last year, and Edge of Time isn’t looking bad, so hopefully Beenox can keep it up and manage to defeat the ultimate challenge; a movie tie-in game.

With Beenox on development it should come as no surprise that Activision will be continuing with their licensing arrangement for the Spider-Man franchise and publishing the title.

Source: IGN

1. 3shirts

Can’t help thinking both the game and the movie will be amazing only in name.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 13:18.
    • hazelam

i have higher expectations of the film than the game i have to say.

can beenox do an open world spider-man game?
      i haven’t played either of their other spidey games but they’re not open world are they?
      spider-man needs that.
      the freedom of movement his powers and his webshooters allow.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 20:17.
    • Ben
      Friendly
      Since: Mar 2009

I just want to swing around the city for a few minutes in the game, that is all. Perhaps there will be a demo, then I’ll be satisfied for free.

Comment posted on 15/10/2011 at 15:04.
  2. Forrest_01

The previews i have seen for the new film look absolutely Sick… Sorry, i mean Sickening.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to see through the eyes of spiderman whilst he zips around is a complete buffoon as far as i am concerned. I felt positively nauseous whilst watching it in teh cinema & that was just for a few seconds. God only knows what the final result will be!

I just hope that it doesn’t get released in 3D as cinema staff will have a lot of cleaning up to do afterwards!

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 13:36.
    • halbpro
      Team TSA: Writer
      Since: Mar 2009

Rumours are they just did that for trailer so they can have the reveal.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 13:47.
      • Jakster123x
        Since: Aug 2011

It reminded me of Mirror’s Edge, and I like Mirror’s Edge. ;)

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 14:01.
      • Forrest_01

Oh i do hope you are right Kris, as whilst i didn’t really think they needed to reboot the series, i was interested to see how it turned out – But was put right off by the FPS (first person swinger) segments.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 14:44.
      • hazelam

raimi put the series in the toilet with number 3 though.

the whole storyline was rushed, and good god he wasted venom, not quite on a Bane in batman and robin way, nowhere near that bad, but still, he did no justice to a much beloved character.
        he had stated repeatedly his dislike for the character.

i’d like to see venom handled properly in this new series.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 20:21.
  3. StevenHibs
    Since: Oct 2009

I liked the look of the movie trailer, so will see what becomes of this game tie in

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:08.
  4. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

There was one bit of the trailer that really reminded me of Mirror’s Edge.
    It wouldn’t be the same- the web would take away from the risky jumps, but it would be awesome if the game was made like that.
    Back to the trailer, that segment really didn’t suit cinema though.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:12.
    • Forrest_01

I liked mirrors edge, but the problem that I had with it was that because it was first person, you couldn’t actually see all of the cool moves you were pulling off – I wouldn’t mind a blend of both first & third person for this game (or a sequel to mirrors edge if it ever sees the light of day), but I don’t think I would want it to be solely first person.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:29.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

Really?
        The first person view was what made the game for me.
        But I suppose we’re all different.
        Maybe a Oblivion style of having an option of first or third person view?

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:53.
      • Forrest_01

That could actually potentially work quite well – Either as an option, or maybe evn an unlockable option (upon completion or something).

I would probably play the game through twice if that was the case, just to see the different viewpoints.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:57.
      • Forrest_01

Additionally, I should probably point out that I did like the first person viewpoint & it did indeed make the game unique, but I just at times found myself thinking “aww, I bet what I just did looked ace!” :)

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:59.
  5. tom_lord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 15:14.
  6. halbpro
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Mar 2009

Um… Yes. Is that the correct response?

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 16:08.
  7. hazelam

activision are making a spider-man movie tie in?

i never expected that. O_O

wait, i mean TOTALLY expected that. ^_^

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 18:33.
  8. Forrest_01

All i can actually say to this is that if they make it like the Spiderman 2 game, it’ll be a massive hit. If they don’t, it won’t.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 19:07.
    • bacon_nuts
      Since: Mar 2011

Spiderman 2 just had awesome swinging abilities, that was very fun..

Comment posted on 15/10/2011 at 16:53.
  9. iAvernus

I don’t think the game will be ‘amazing’ at all. Looking forward to the movie though.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 21:41.
  10. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Spiderman has always been my fave with first three films and second game remaining close to my heart.

Comment posted on 14/10/2011 at 22:12.