PAYDAY: The Heist Official Euro Release Date Revealed

It's PAYDAY.

PAYDAY: The Heist will release on November 2nd in Europe on PSN.

Developed by Overkill Software and distributed by Sony Online Entertainment, PAYDAY: The Heist is a Co Op First Person Shooter, and has six heists available from launch. More heists will be available through DLC, as well as other weapons and equipment. Overkill Software say that teamwork is an essential part of the gameplay regardless of whether you are playing with other people or with AI.

As of yet, the European PSN price for PAYDAY: The Heist has not been revealed.

Source: PlayStation Blog

1. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

The pricing is going to decide whether I get this or not. Considering it has only 6 heists, I can’t see myself paying more than a tenner for it. Going by the price on Steam and the US PSN, I bet it will be around £15, so I’ll wait until it goes on sale most likely.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 12:57.
    • Zephyre

Yeah, I did fancy this but I’m really put off buying PSN titles that are more than likely going to be discounted heavily by PS+ later on

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 13:15.
    • beeje13
      Since: Jan 2010

I did that Pre order thing, forgot how much I paid for it (over £10) though.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 22:44.
  2. bunimomike

It looks so average which is a shame as the concept is excellent. I’ve snagged it from the US PSN Store so will try it over the weekend, I think. We’ll see. :)

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 13:17.
    • DrNate86
      Since: Apr 2010

As average as the reviews have been, I found it really good fun. Certainly something a bit different! I’ve got it on preorder from the PLAY promotion, and was quite worried about it until I played the demo.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 17:45.
      • Deathbrin

What kind of different is there, all you do is face waves of the same enemies and that’s it.

Comment posted on 30/10/2011 at 12:26.
  3. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

So the day Uncharted3 comes out. so much for this game making the wait for U3 less painful…

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 13:17.
  4. UKZ-N3M1515

Totally forgot about this game, looks average. I expect it to come at 11.99 or something which seems reasonable for… 5 hours of game, at a guess of about 40-50mins per heist. Makes me think of Time Crisis, which is a positive! If it has light gun control or PSMove control this will be a sure buy is its £15 or less.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 14:45.
  5. jbni
    Since: Apr 2010

I don’t know much about this, but watched some gameplay videos on youtube. Is it made by the same people behind the Left 4 Dead games? It seems to have very similar aspects, especially being able to see friends outlined through the floor.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 16:10.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

IGN drew a lot of comparisons to that game, but no it is developed by differnet people :)

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 16:29.
    • BIGAL-1992
      Since: Jan 2009

Vavle makes L4D with the source engine, overkill (fromerly GRIN) make payday with the diesel engine, just to answer your question.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 16:35.
    • jbni
      Since: Apr 2010

Looking at it again, you could be forgiven for thinking it’s a L4D mod.

Comment posted on 30/10/2011 at 18:53.
  6. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Has the price not been set already?
    I didn’t pre-order it, but wasn’t that option available?

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 16:15.
  7. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

It’s a pretty cool concept and gameplay could be good, but the graphics are really disappointingly poor.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 17:16.
  8. cam the man

When the game first came to light as a blu-ray title I was interested in it but since it was ‘cut down’ to a PSN title, the more info I’ve seen, the more I’ve gone off it.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 18:05.
  9. tactical20

Looks a bit turd, imo.

Comment posted on 28/10/2011 at 18:26.
  10. bacon_nuts
    Since: Mar 2011

I’m interested, but in a fuller, more fleshed out version, that i would like on blu ray, with more heists, and better everything. Or this, but cheap as chips..

Comment posted on 29/10/2011 at 02:14.