Article written by tsa staff.
Published on 12/12/2011 at 09:30 AM.
Bethesda’s Skyrim has finally topped the UK sales charts, outing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 after a month.
The news comes after retailers heavily discounted the game, which is now routinely found for around £25-£30 in most high street stores, with lots of TV promotion thrown in. Amazon is selling the game for a penny under £22.50.
The chart below shows week on week percentages, showing just how much difference a price drop can make.
1. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda) +145%
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision) -7%
3. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft) +67%
4. FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts) +24%
5. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) -5%
6. Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts) +30%
7. Professor Layton and the Spectre’s Call (Nintendo) +5%
8. Saints Row: The Third (THQ) -2%
9. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (SCE UK) +81%
10. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) -1%
Links are to our reviews.
Uncharted’s back up there in the top ten, too, great news for one of the best games this year.