UC3 Map Pack Launches Tomorrow

ND detail future content.

Following up on last week’s teaser, Naughty Dog has announced that its first major content update for Uncharted 3, Flashback Map Pack #1, will hit the PSN Store tomorrow (or tonight if you’re from across the pond.) As the name suggests, this first batch of multiplayer arenas have been stripped from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves; instead of directly porting the maps however, ND has re-worked them with a variety of aesthetic changes including dynamic lighting, improved particle effects and cleaner textures.

Updated versions of The Cave, Fort, Lost City, and Sanctuary will all make an appearance. A price has yet to be confirmed, though anyone who pre-ordered via the Fortune Hunter’s Pass will immediately get the DLC for free. Given the numbering, we’d guess that a second Flashback Map Pack is currently in works and will include the four remaining original maps from Uncharted 2.

Originally, Naught Dog announced that all members of the Fortune Hunter’s Club would be in line for 7 pieces of content. However, the studio today announced that the offer will now encompass 14 packs instead (yes, that’s twice as much!) Those who missed out will be able to buy a pass from the PSN Store which will unlock all currently-available content as well as securing future updates.

Promising to keep the content flowing, Naughty also announced three upcoming skin packs to groove up your on-screen avatars. The Rogues Pack 1 & 2 will usher in a swarm of playable mercs and thugs from the Uncharted 3 campaign, whilst The Donut Pack makes way for a number of super-sized heroes and villains including a tubby Sully. Now we know what gaming’s favourite plunderers get up to between blockbuster AAA adventures.

Lastly, we got a glimpse of yet another piece of content in the pipeline. An image of Uncharted cronies Zoran Lazarevic, Eddie Raja, and Harry Flynn (the co-op mode’s three antagonists) has been posted which suggests a number of things. The first (and most obvious) is that Co-op Adventure mode is due for an extension, though there may be a possibility of ND introducing some completely new; we wouldn’t complain if we got to play as the villains, just saying.

Source: PlayStation Blog

1. quinkill
    Since: Oct 2010

Woop!

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 18:51.
  2. Lambo_1989

Does anyone know when the fortune hunters pass expires? I haven’t seen or herd anything about it expiring yet.

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 18:59.
  3. Jacko

Now that they’ve said there’s going to be more DLC than originally announced, I’m considering getting FHC.

Also, where’s Rika Raja? I miss playing as her. :P

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 19:01.
  4. Jacko

Off-topic, but does anyone know what’s going on with PSN?

I can’t sign in or access any of the PlayStation websites (forums, blog etc).

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 19:16.
    • Jacko

Never mind, apparently it’s just affecting Virgin Media customers.

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 19:28.
      • tatoemonkey
        Since: Apr 2009

As I understand it the whole virhgin media network is down but I may be wrong however I have sky broadband and while I have been signed in between 7 and 8 and played mw3 with no probs it was tricky getting signed in at first took a few goes had my phone in hand ready to check twitter for any super muster buster updates

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 21:23.
  5. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Just tried U3 online for the first time just this very minute. Got hammered and really not my cup of tea either. Will stick to Single Player.

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 21:09.
  6. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

Look forward to seeing the changes to old maps

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 21:26.
  7. tatoemonkey
    Since: Apr 2009

the problem for me investing in any dlc for uc3 is that naughty dog seem to have totally failed to do anything about it taking sometimes 10 minutes to get into any online game its a shame cos I love uncharted but the multiplayer is just sometimes stupid even after I get past the many error downloading whatever excuse for being so slow is today and actually I prefer the multiplayer on uc2. I hate to say it but UC3 has to be one of the biggest let downs of last years game offerings

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 21:28.
    • tatoemonkey
      Since: Apr 2009

even now after what I just said garuntee when I get home from work tommorrow I am gonna buy it……………why why why

Totally addicted to Drake awoah awoahooooo!

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 21:30.
      • Aquastyle
        Since: Jul 2010

Well… If you prefer UC2 multiplayer (atleast today, now it would be yesterday), then why not play those maps for free on UC2? That’s what I’m doing these days, and to my surpise the UC2 MP is quite alive and still as fun as it’s always been! ^^

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 23:07.
      • Jacko

Uncharted 3 multiplayer is much better than Uncharted 2′s mess of a multiplayer, though.

Well, aside from the FAL, anyway.

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 23:33.
      • yogdog
        Since: Feb 2010

Uncharted 2 had brilliant multiplayer, 3′s is a bit of a mess though.

Comment posted on 17/01/2012 at 23:54.
      • Aquastyle
        Since: Jul 2010

Uncharted 3 is the messy of the two. Compared to UC2, it has far sloppier controls and lots of unnecessary additions for pleasing those who want every online MP to function the same, namely killstreaks, weapon loadouts and the likes. One of the reasons I enjoy UC2 so much is for its simplicity, balance and accuracy (minus the lag), which makes for a far more rewarding and enjoyable game, at least for me. Everything just feels right.

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 00:21.
      • bacon_nuts
        Since: Mar 2011

YES! Aquastyle – this is exactly what I think! The level playing field was amazing, the lack of unnecessary complexities! It was so much better.

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 00:41.
      • Jim Hargreaves

For those who prefer Uncharted 2, play Hardcore. Strips back a number of the frivolous MP additions and there’s quite a lot of people who queue up for it too.

Personally it’s my second favourite mode, after Team Objective.

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 11:19.
      • Jacko

Uncharted 2 was good until the 1.05 patch. That just took all the fun out of it.

Uncharted 3 is more of what Uncharted 2 used to be like pre-1.05.

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 12:46.
      • Aquastyle
        Since: Jul 2010

1.05 was a let-down indeed, but the finer gameplay-mechanics and level-design belongs to UC2. The damage-levels are slightly better in UC3 I agree yes, but, though important, they really aren’t what defines a game. Atleast the grenades got more balanced with 1.05.
        Different opinions and that, I guess. ^^

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 14:29.
  8. bacon_nuts
    Since: Mar 2011

Donut pack sounds fun. Shame it’s spelt doughnut…

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 00:42.
  9. goodgoa
    Since: Apr 2010

Naughty dog delivering again; looks like new co-op adventure for next dlc judging from that pic. And even I agree UC2 MP >>>>>> UC3 due the simplicity.

Comment posted on 18/01/2012 at 13:28.