Skyrim PS3 Patch 'Sometime Today'

Xbox 360 patch already live.

Bethesda has announced that the Skyrim 1.4 patch is now live for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 version will arrive ‘sometime today’.

The patch supposedly fixes a rather long list of bugs including backwards dragons, PS3 lag and being unable to equip a Wabbajack. I think I had some of those for my lunch, the Salt & Vinegar ones are very nice.

Source: Twitter

1. BIGAL-1992
    Since: Jan 2009

About damn time.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 14:53.
  2. 3shirts

Having only just started playing Skyrim I haven’t hit any of these issues yet but I welcome a patch that means I never will. Really enjoying it.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 14:59.
  3. Sympozium

I haven’t had much issues… oh wait..

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:01.
  4. shields_t
    Since: Oct 2008

Way too late for me, though I’m keen to jump onboard again when they knock out some DLC.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:08.
    • yogdog
      Since: Feb 2010

Me too dude, got the plat, played the majority of the things to play so just waiting for DLC now :)

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:16.
      • blackredyellow
        Since: Mar 2009

Any idea on when/if DLC will be? I can’t wait!!

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 16:15.
      • shields_t
        Since: Oct 2008

No idea, though I did read somewhere that it’s quite a long way off.

Comment posted on 10/02/2012 at 07:27.
  5. Yersal
    Since: Apr 2009

I’ve had to give up on this game after 120hrs of play due to the performance issues. I really hope the patch fixes it as is promised otherwise I’m gonna have to do something crazy like learn how to play games on a pc. Oh and buy a pc :p

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:09.
    • aerobes

I reached platinum on 132hrs and the lag was just horrendous. If I hadn’t been so close, I probably would’ve given up.

Despite its problems, it is an amazing game and this continued support is great news for those who haven’t yet played it.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 19:37.
  6. beasgeez
    Since: Oct 2008

This has taken far too long in my opinion. They were literally game breaking bugs and not just the odd rare one or two either. Before i stopped playing a couple of weeks ago i was suffering the invincible backwards dragon, massive slow down issues and frequent freezing. Hopefully these will be fully resolved as i do really love the game.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:11.
  7. CdmanJak

Jeez finally after all this i dont think im going to give bathesda any more money

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:13.
  8. MadJunkBoy
    Since: Aug 2010

woooo! this patch will help me get the plat cause my first profile is lagging like…. uhmmm, something laggy! :P

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:16.
  9. philbert8
    The Frankie Boyle Of TSA
    Since: Sep 2010

As much as I want this, I’ll wait for the PS3 GOTY edition – besides I still have Oblivion on PC to do and the mods for that are endless.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:17.
  10. MayContainEvil
    Since: Feb 2011

Cool I guess, though my 110 hour save is still going strong I’m hoping this will go some way to fixing the sometimes jerky framerate.

Comment posted on 09/02/2012 at 15:25.