Ni No Kuni Coming To Europe Q1 2013

Getting localised.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch, the PlayStation 3 exclusive, has been given a release window for Q1 2013, Namco Bandai has announced. Ni No Kuni, which is a collaboration between Level 5 and Studio Ghibli,  is being localised and will include both Japanese and English voice work as well as subtitles for English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.

Akihiro Hino, President and CEO of LEVEL-5 spoke about the European release.

“We have worked very hard on Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and it has been a great honour to collaborate with Studio Ghibli and Joe Hisaishi, so it was important for me that players outside Japan also have the best experience of the game we can give them.

To make this possible, we decided to invest the time in localising the game so that as many people as possible across Europe can enjoy the full experience in their own language”

The story follows Oliver who adventures in a parralel world on a quest to become a magician so he can bring his mother back from the dead. If you haven’t seen what the fuss is about check the trailer below.

We’re pretty excited about Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch here at TSA, and it was our 27th most anticipated game for 2012, though it’s not coming out this year now.

Source: Press Release

1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Brilliant news, this looks awesome!!

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:16.
  2. mynameisblair
    hisnameisblair

I don’t care for the game, but even I’m annoyed at how long we have to wait!

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:17.
  3. Omac_brother
    Since: Nov 2011

Finally. This was in an article I wrote back in 2010 about “Games to look forward to in 2011″. Only 2 years later isnt bad.

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:18.
  4. Crocadillian
    Since: Feb 2011

Sounded cool till I saw actual gameplay footage. Now i’m not really convinced :P

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:22.
  5. Aquastyle
    Since: Jul 2010

Damn that’s a very long wait. When will it release in the US then? If it’s any sooner, that’ll definitely be the one I’m getting, really intrigued by this game.

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:25.
    • D-Nichol

Im in the US March 8th for a week. Was hoping the Q1 2012 for US release was accurate but doesn’t look likely now

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:31.
  6. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

That is a ridiculously long wait, but I’m still interested in it.

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:39.
  7. KeRaSh

How did this game sell in Japan? If I recall correctly it wasn’t that succesful commercially. I just hope the price won’t be as high as it is/was in Japan.

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:54.
  8. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

What?! This was one of my very most anticipated games for this year. Now I have to wait a full year for it? Still want it with every fiber in my body, but at least I have some more time to catch up on my backlog this year then.

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 13:54.
  9. MayContainEvil
    Since: Feb 2011

I’m glad it’s getting localized, I hope the voicework is passable. In Star Ocean: The Last Hope the American voice acting was horrendus and I was forced to change back to Japanese.

This should be a pretty high profile release though so I’m sure they will do a decent job…

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 15:17.
  10. hazelam

over a year to localise it?
    they’re having a laugh.
    are we back in the bad old days again?

and they’re only doing full localisation in english? everybody else just has subtitles?

and the latest in our industry code series.
    last time it was “maintenance” which meant to break something that was working just fine.

today it’s “investing the time”
    which in real terms means, “no rush, we’ll get it done eventually”

Comment posted on 15/02/2012 at 15:51.