Kojima Hiring For The "Next" MGS

Next Metal Gear Solid.

Kojima Productions will be at this year’s GDC and are looking for engineers, artists and game creators to help create the “Next” Metal Gear Solid.

Further down in the advert it clearly states they are looking for “Project engineers for the latest Metal Gear Solid targeted for high-end consoles and PC.”

So there you go, new Metal Gear Solid confirmed and it’s coming to consoles and PC.

An additional¬†job listing also refers to¬†network engineers who have a ‘strong desire to create large-scale online games’, so it looks likes Metal Gear Next will have a multi player or co-op component.

There was also some sneaky artwork tucked away in the advert.

Source: Konami

1. Germanos
    Since: May 2011

News of the day ! and tomorrow = PS VITA ! What a week….

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 10:01.
  2. Porcupine_I

Sounds like a Metal Gear MMO, lets hope it won’t go the way of Final Fantasy XIV

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 10:29.
  3. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

If it’s a MMO then i shall eat my copy of MGS4 out of protest. As MGS is not MMO material. I can’t see how another Big Boss game could work as they’ve pretty much covered everything. I suppose pre MGS3 would work but it would end up lacking a Metal Gear or something that is simular to a MG.

Also, i really hope it won’t have a co-op feature as co-op stealh rarely works.

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 10:53.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Pre MGS3 would be good, or what about doing something decent with the time between MGS3 and Peace walker? Portable Ops didn’t do much for me, apart give me cramp in my left hand!

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 11:25.
      • PoorPaddy89

Won’t be pre-MGS. That be Big Boss up there. This’ll be between Peace Walker and Metal Gear. I’m guessing this will be very close to Metal Gear, set in the 80’s leading up to when Big Boss establishes Outer Heaven.

Will it bring conclusive proof that Maggie Thatcher was a Patriot AI?

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 19:13.
    • Cathaloh

I really hope it is another Big Boss game post Peace Walker, there was still so much they could of covered with him. Heck, I even remember once mentioning that it would be cool for the next main MGS to take place in the 80’s.

Another game I would of liked to see was a pre-MGS3 where you play as The Boss in WWII.

Comment posted on 23/02/2012 at 06:07.
  4. CdmanJak

trust me steve mgs co op works and is a lot of fun peace walker was absolute co op gold

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 10:59.
  5. KeRaSh

Local coop would make me preorder a MGS game.

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 11:06.
    • PoorPaddy89

Couldn’t agree more. Leave the versus crap to COD and the like. Co-op missions on Peace Walker were refreshing and different.

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 19:14.
  6. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 11:47.
  7. BioEye
    Team TSA: Writer

I’d prefer it if there were no MGS5.
    MSG4 was the final MG “Sold” game. Leave it.

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 15:56.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssshhhhhhhhhhiiiitt….I am so happy. Sicker than sick.

Comment posted on 22/02/2012 at 19:06.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

It must have been a dodgy snake that you’ve eaten that is causing you to be sick. ;)

Comment posted on 23/02/2012 at 13:09.