Hello again! Teflon and I managed to put Steven back on an IV drip with quite a strong tranquilizer, so I’m back to do this week’s Community Round-up.
MotorStorm: RC has certainly been a big hit here at TSA and last week we ran a little competition to see who was the fastest. There were plenty of entries, but there was one clear winner – Death_in_Flamez with a time of 31.829 second which put him at the top of the global leaderboard. In fact, 7 players out of the top 15 on the global leaderboard are TSAers, showing just what a talented bunch we are! Kirk won himself a £5 PSN voucher, some DLC for the game and an exclusive avatar.
Other things you’ve now missed out on are a competition to win F1 2011 on Vita, by guessing the number of laps all the teams put in during this week’s ongoing testing. There was also a chance to win an Xperia Play. Last but not least, we were giving away some SSX T-shirts. They’re all closed now, and we’ll be announcing winners in the next few days so keep your fingers crossed.
What do you mean you didn’t know about these? Well, fear not, as we have some more competitions on the way; make sure you keep your eyes peeled!
As we do every week it’s time to check in with the meets and see what’s happening in the next week.
The Whatever’s On Beta meet returns tonight with the Starhawk Beta. Death_in_Flamez is hosting, and things will kick-off at 6pm. Just an hour later, at 7pm, Bodachi hosts the regular Uncharted 3 meet. Sunday sees the DiRT3 meet, hosted by R1MJAW with the red lights going out at 6pm.
Theberzerka hosts the usual Monday Motorstorm Madness starting at 8pm on Monday night, whilst Youles invites you to being all sorts of sneaky in the MGS Peace Walker HD meet, also at 8pm. Be careful. They’re both labelled as Read Description.
Wednesday night sees the return of the Killzone 3 bootcamp as you can now play the multiplayer for free. On Thursday, Sanmartinez is hosting Bioshock 2 at 7pm, and Death_in_Flamez hosts the weekly F1 meet, taking place at 8pm.
Remember, you can set up your own meet provided you have at least 250 TSA Points.
Starting with the reviews as usual, we saw a good selection of Vita reviews again. We begin with Dan’s 8/10 review of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, before turning our attention to Peter’s review of the disappointing F1 2011 Vita, giving it a 6/10; definitely not one of Codemasters’ finest moments, after their superb console F1 games. Jim got stuck into Vita’s first Free2Play game, Frobisher Says giving it a solid 8/10.
Meanwhile with the non-Vita reviews, Dan gave Wii title The Last Story a solid 8/10. The new SSX was released yesterday, also earning an 8/10 although this time from Peter. Finally Alex gave the highly anticipated Journey a 10/10, a game which was extremely high up on TSA’s Top Games lists for both 2011 and 2012.
Shifting gears now, let’s take a look at this week’s previews. Tuffcub got his paws on Max Payne 3, which sounds brilliant, and Dan previewed MUD – FIM Motocross World Championship, just remember to wipe your feet when you’ve finished reading it. Last, but not least, Blair took a gander at piratical RPG Risen 2: Dark Waters.
For TSA’s usual community articles, you can begin by saying hello to ManeoriX in Meet the Reader. For TSA’s WeView feature, you can catch the verdict of F1 2011, or leave your comments for Limbo. And lastly, Teflon and Tuffcub joined the gang for this week’s OMM Podcast.
Breach and clearing into the forums now, let’s see what’s been going on:
- Kirk posts a video showing just how he managed to get to the number 1 spot for the MotorStorm: RC comp. Also featured on the front page.
- Youles asks what are your Pros and Cons for Vita are.
- Episode 1 of the TSA Fail Cast is now up, with the second soon to follow.
- Scubastevie asks who’s planning on going Eurogamer this year. If you are, there may be a view to a TSA house, for the more far flung visitors.
- Lastly, I thought it would be great to see some of you reading and leaving some feedback for Kitch’s (aka GTOWN’s) fictitious blog.
Of course, there’s always a bundle going on, and I’ve only scratched the surface. General Chat is only viewable to signed in TSA members, and probably contains shenanigans of dubious safety for the workplace!
Last week, Steven chose Liberty Prime to take on Shank, which ended in a 5-0 victory for Liberty Prime. Clearly not a fair fight at all! For this week, I decided to pitch Optimus Prime against him in the showdown arena. Robot vs. Robot.
- Can destroy just about anything by shooting lasers out of his eyes.
- A near endless supply of mini nukes that he throws.
- Is massive and can step on anything as a last resort.
- Is slow and not very agile.
- Not very friendly on the account of him being a robot.
- Requires a lot of power just to be able to move.
- Leader of the Autobots, the most badass assembly of robots. Ever.
- Drives round with an armoured weapons platform, just in case something goes down.
- Will never surrender to the Decepticons.
- Attempts to surreptitiously conceal himself as a massive red and blue truck, because you see loads of those everyday, right?
- Often trusts those he should not, ‘seeing the good in everyone’.
- Goes through loads of WD-40.
And there we have it. Remember to cast your votes below. See you next week!