Have Some Halo 4 Video Goodness

Combat evolved. Again.

Finally, after all the little leaks and embargo busting from other outlets, here’s the Halo 4 making of video in all its glory, and in HD too.  It’s a lovely one, and hopefully this’ll be a return to form under the guidance of 343.

“It’s really exciting,” said the studio’s Kiki Wolfkill on Halo 4. “It is a huge creative challenge and you don’t get the opportunity to take on something like this very often.”

“Ultimately the proof is in the pudding,” he said to MCV. “We need to be able to deliver and that is what we are committed to. But that said, we have a huge amount of love and respect for the IP and the community itself.”

Expect a new enemy this time around – rumoured to be The Forerunner – and a return to some old favourites like the Battle Rifle and, of course, Master Chief.  Details are sparse, with barely anything shown at the event.

Still, enjoy the video.

1. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

Kiki Wolfkill – best name evah!

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 14:09.
  2. wick15

Wow, very impressive. Certainly a big step up graphically over previous Halo games on the 360. It looks as though 343 are going to make a good job of this.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 14:09.
  3. AG2297
    Community Manager

After watching that, I can tell that this is really not my thing as I just couldn’t see anything there that was impressive or different in any way. But I’m glad some people will be excited by this :).

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 14:18.
    • stage1
      Since: Feb 2012

My thoughts exactly. The graphics actually kind of looked like nothing special to me but maybe I’ve been playing UC3 for too long.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 15:06.
  4. BIGAL-1992
    Since: Jan 2009

Naame: Kiki Wolfkill
    Nickname: Ms. Badass!

As for the game, colour me interested in it.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 14:44.
  5. smokeybeef

Looks the same as every other Halo game to me, yet another one that I guess won’t be for me then.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 15:19.
    • bluetemplar
      Since: Aug 2011

Was thinking that too – was expecting a bit of a departure after the way Halo 3 ended, with different settings and different enemies but all looks just like more of the same from the videos. Hopefully at the very least they’ll get rid of the bullet-sponge enemies this time round.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 16:28.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

I think 343 will first be moving in on familiar territory, to ease nervous fans, and then move away towards the end and the next two games. The concept art and some of the stuff 343 has done before indicate that the inclusion of the Forerunners will have a large effect on the games. At least I hope so.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 17:53.
  6. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

This looks impressive, but will it still feel like Halo and perhaps be as awesome as the original? Let’s hope so.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 15:29.
  7. KeRaSh

Can’t wait to play this with my brother. It’s Halo. I don’t understand why it should really set itself apart from the other games. It doesn’t seem to bother anyone with Uncharted which basically did the same thing.

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 20:28.
  8. a inferior race
    I'm special

Will be the first game I pre-order since FFXIII

Comment posted on 05/03/2012 at 20:32.
    • Deathbrin

Haha, XIII? I can see a pattern here. ;)

Comment posted on 06/03/2012 at 01:55.