New El Shaddai Project Teased

Is it a game?

Remember El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron? Released last year, this wonderful looking platformer didn’t set the charts alight in terms of sales, although it became a bit of a cult hit.

Well a new website has launched teasing the “El Shaddai New Project 2012″, with some text that roughly translates to “”Who is the ultimate angel who God speaks of?”

It’s worth pointing out that this might not even be a game. I didn’t know this, but apparently the franchise has a number of things attached to it (even jeans!). If it is a game, however, we will keep you posted.

Source: Andriasang

1. Sitorimon
    Since: Jul 2011

Anything El Shaddai-ish will get me excited. El Shaddai was my favourite game of 2011. I’ll happy lap up more :D

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 12:12.
    • Forrest_01

Was it that good was it? I saw it at Eurogamer, but i have to be honest & say that i didn’t really ‘get’ what i was looking at.

I just put it down to age though. I can’t be far off from new music sounding like ‘noise’ now. :)

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 12:26.
      • Sitorimon
        Since: Jul 2011

I can absolutely see why people wouldn’t like it. The gameplay was quite light and simplistic in many ways but the art direction and style took my breath away. Some of the 2D platforming was exceptional. I dont know, it was just one of those games that hit all my buttons and I can’t explain why. It was different but not for difference sake.

Comment posted on 17/03/2012 at 02:52.
      • Forrest_01

That’s cool – I just wanted to get a feel for it, as i really didn’t know quite what i was looking at. Seemed decent enough mind, but it was quite flashy & i just saw glimpses & it seemed to have some sort of weird heaven thing going on.

I guess most of it is explained during the course of the game though.

Comment posted on 19/03/2012 at 13:45.
  2. Origami Killer

Won this last year with a TSA comp, got half way into it and the appeal wore off. I can admit the art style was unique and wonderful but it just became repetitive and boring after a few hours.
    Still looking forward to seeing what this is :)

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 14:22.
    • Forrest_01

What did you end up doing with it? Did it go into the buy it/sell it/swap it thread?

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 14:56.
      • Origami Killer

It went towards the limited edition of UC3 via trade in at GAME surprisingly ;)

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 15:05.
      • Forrest_01

Ah, fair do’s! :)

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 15:48.