You

WeView: Assassin's Creed Revelations

Time to reveal your opinions.

With the general buzz around Assassin’s Creed III, and our preview of the game hitting yesterday, it seemed like now would be a good time to take a look back at Assassin’s Creed Revelations.

This is, obviously, a follow up to our time looking at Brotherhood, although this time the game falls into my “Haven’t played it yet” category. I don’t know why I haven’t gotten around to Revelations really, everything about it looked fantastic and I expect I’ll need to make sure I get some time with it before Assassin’s Creed III launches towards the end of the year.

Fortunately, we did make Blair play the game, and he was good enough to provide a review for us. At the end of that very same piece of writing he gave the game a score of 9/10, which he coupled with some words that went along these lines:

Assassin’s Creed Revelations is by far the best game in the series so far. Instead of becoming a repetitive romp through Italy, once again, it’s the story that was meant to be told ever since Desmond was forced to experience Altaïr’s memories.

It’s a compelling experience that takes what you’d expect from Assassin’s Creed, refines it and then adds some stellar new features. And when it all ends, you’ll experience the closure of old plot threads and the paving of new ones. Until that story is explored in the next game, you’ve still got the rest to get on with – side quests, multiplayer, renovations, recruiting Assassins and much more.

Assassin’s Creed is a series that deserves to live as long as possible if Ubisoft are releasing games of this calibre year after year; Revelations is a brilliant entry into the series and brings so much to the table that it beats not only the other games in the series, but many other games that have released this year or last.

Of course the new features that Revelations brought to the table may not have been for everyone, even if Blair felt they added to the title. The question is did you think they added to the series, or were they just needless fluff? Did you want to see a third story featuring Ezio, or did it feel like it was time for the series to move on?

Maybe you thought they could have rested the series for a year, rather than pretty much completing the move to a yearly franchise.

No matter how positive or negative your thoughts on the game we’d like to hear what you have to say. All you need to do is write your opinion of the game in the comments below and then rate the game.

Remember though that we don’t use a normal numerical scale in WeView, instead games are rated on the Buy ItBargain Bin ItRent ItAvoid It scale. Simply add whichever of those categories you feel is best to your review of the game, and make sure you have it all done by the cut off point on Sunday afternoon.

1. RocketSOL
    Since: Oct 2008

I thought Revelations was a bit poor myself. Certainly not as enjoyable for me as Brotherhood was. As I played it I just wanted to finish it to say I had seen the end as I felt it dragged a little bit (in comparison to the previous games in the series).

I’m glad the next game is a new protagonist as Ezio’s story really didn’t have much else to tell…for me anyway. Bargain bin seems a bit too harsh though….so I say Buy It, especially if you are a fan of the series anyway.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 13:14.
    • doomsday619
      Since: Nov 2008

Totally agree Brotherhood was by far a better game and missed not riding the horses. And felt those Animus levels were pretty crap.
      Cant wait to see what happens in the next game.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 13:47.
      • Foxhound_Solid
        Is a smart cookie.

Brother hood bored me and in turn prevented me giving this a go. I do ppan to revisit themboth though….

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 18:37.
    • doomsday619
      Since: Nov 2008

Definatly worth buying its a good game but i love getting around on the horses seemed to take ages to get anywhere on Revelations.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 19:16.
  2. PoorPaddy89

I won’t rate it, but for me I just couldn’t get into it like the others. I didn’t know what my motivation was. AC has some awesome storylines so I was dissappointed with this one. Hopefully over this Easter holiday I’ll get past the 3 hour mark.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 13:32.
  3. chall5
    Since: Oct 2009

yeah I preferred Brotherhood to Revealations. The tower defense got a bit tedious and the Desmond’s memories sequences weren’t that enjoyable either. I did like the multiplayer a lot though. I do think they should rest it for a bit although they probably want to get AC3 out on this gen of consoles

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 13:40.
  4. MICKY17

As a whole I would give Revelations a 4/10. The story was appalling and I’ll be honest and say either I didn’t get it, or couldn’t quite understand how it fit into the whole AC world. Desmond’s memories were very uninteresting and boring, and still not sure why they did it in an FPS view. However I did enjoy playing through Altair’s memories and am glad they brought closure to both his and Ezio’s stories. I’ve always liked the multiplayer portion since it was introduced and really enjoyed it in ACR. Overall if you’re a fan of the MP then Buy it, but if not then Renting it would be ideal.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 14:05.
  5. Amphlett

Got this for Christmas. Played it three times for a total of about four hours and then got the feeling that it was little to no change from the previous releases, so traded it in.
    Avoid it.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 14:11.
  6. Crazy_Del

I’d say RENT IT for the campaign only!
    Brotherhood was better and Revelations IS Brotherhood 2.0
    The multiplayer is still the same as in Revelations.
    I did enjoy the story/campaign at certain times and had fresh characters aswell which is still great really. It also has a new move called the hook which was pretty neat actually. The scenery is beautiful although Brotherhood is the best.
    The worst part is the bloody Tower Defense game so annoying and repetitive. Really wanted to chuck my controller at the T.V for the Tower Defense.
    Oh making bombs is also the best thing in Revelations brilliant use of weapon when assassinating an enemy or a group of enemies.

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 14:37.
    • chall5
      Since: Oct 2009

oh yes I did enjoy the bomb making – and throwing, that was a worthwhile addition. I forgot my rating as well, buy it (at £17.99 or less)

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 14:41.
  7. NazzyQ
    Since: Nov 2011

I LOVED the game, mostly due to its amazing setting. I really enjoyed roaming around Constantinople/Istanbul seeing all the beautiful mosques and minarets in the distance, while listening to the great ambient soundtrack. Sure Revelations recycles a lot of gameplay mechanics, but ultimately it successfully immersed me in the time period and setting. And at the end of the day, that’s what AC is about for me!

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 15:06.
  8. NazzyQ
    Since: Nov 2011

Oh and a definite BUY IT from me!

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 15:07.
  9. element666
    Since: Mar 2012

like a few have said, loved the others just found this boring. I keep trying to go back to it but last 20 minutes at best, worth a rent though

Comment posted on 27/03/2012 at 17:24.
  10. hazelam

i just noticed, the axe in the AC3 pic, it’s the logo.
    funny how i never realised till just now.

Comment posted on 28/03/2012 at 12:29.