Have Some New Sorcery Screens

Expelliarmus!

PlayStation Move hasn’t been totally forgotten about! Sorcery is coming at the end of May and it’s looking quite good so far.

If nothing else, it’ll be an excuse to dig out that Move hardware you haven’t touched in months and hopefully get some use out of it before E3, when Sony is bound to announce something else for it.

Right?

Here are some screens for the spell casting wand-a-thon:

1. IAmJacksMedullaOblongata
    Since: Nov 2011

Nephew is going to lose his SHIT over this.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 10:02.
    • colossalblue
      Team TSA: Editor

I’m strangely looking forward to it too. I don’t have a lot of confidence in anything Move related these days, since it’s been practically forgotten about but this seems okay.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 10:15.
    • bunimomike

Do you have any idea what sort of imagery your reply conjures? So excited he forgets where he places his poop. Fan-tastic!

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 14:29.
  2. Porcupine_I

I can see this being so much better then Kinect Star Wars and selling so much worse in the end.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 10:36.
    • colossalblue
      Team TSA: Editor

weird comparison… but yes, on both counts.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 10:41.
      • Porcupine_I

well, compared by being the flagship titles for their respective motion controls.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 10:51.
      • colossalblue
        Team TSA: Editor

ah yes, but then Move sold far less than Kinect and has been supported much worse than Kinect so sales comparisons for games are going to be tricky.

Kinect had other games recently and it probably has something else coming out soon, whereas Move… ? So it’ll be interesting to see if this is snapped up by everyone who bought Move, just so they have something to use it with or if it’s ignored because people have lost faith in Move entirely.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 10:58.
      • Boiler
        Since: Mar 2010

Supported much worse casual wise, maybe. I’d say supported much better gamer wise. MAG, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, RE5, SOCOM etc.
        Personally I’ve loved KZ3 and Res 3 with the sharpshooter. I’m currently playing Resistance 3 online co-op with a buddy and the sharpshooter really adds to the game (gets tiring after a couple of hours play in a row, but so worth it).
        I only wish the 3rd party studios would embrace the device too. I passed on Battlefield 3 last year due to a lack of Move support.
        Kinect doesn’t offer anything gamer wise as far as I’m aware.
        Sorcery – while a little casual looking – at least seems like it’s a gamer’s game too. In the same way that Mario is casual looking but a gamer’s game.
        I’m sure I’m not in the typical demographic that Move and Kinect are aimed at, and I know Kinect has probably been more lucrative for Microsoft, than Move has for Sony, but so far the move has been a success for me and the Kinect falls into the “pre-Motion plus Wiimote category” (novelty and containing just enough functionality for a casual laugh with friends and a bottle of wine – where no one takes the game too seriously).

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 12:24.
      • colossalblue
        Team TSA: Editor

Kinect’s “core” games are all similar to the Move’s – add ons. Forza, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim in a couple of weeks. All at least as interesting, if not more widely entertaining and imaginative than the Move implementation in a series of 1st party shooters. I really liked using the sharpshooter with Killzone 3 too but SOCOM was dreadful, MAG was nothing special and RE5 was a bit clunky and better played with a controller. All were probably better experiences played with a controller – although as I said, I think Killzone with the sharpshooter was a lot of fun (and improved my K/D in multiplayer!)

Kinect has had almost 5 times as many games released, Microsoft has encouraged its adoption by 3rd parties and it’s generally talked about and promoted on a much larger scale than Move. That’s why it has been so much more successful in terms of sales, despite its lacklustre implementation on the software side.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Move is fantastic hardware and would much prefer there to be some real quality gameplay experiences that utilise it in an essential way (which is why I bought 2 wands, the Nav Controller and two different gun attachments) but at the moment, that’s simply not the case at all.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 17:30.
  3. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

only if it was 2 players since I have 2 move controls. Still getting this though

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 11:16.
  4. ultimatepunchrod
    Since: Sep 2009

Have they said what the price for this will be? Because I remember Sony saying back when Move was launching that all of their first party Move only games would be budget priced.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 13:22.
  5. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

this is a buy on release day for me.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 15:21.
  6. JaffaMan24
    Since: Jan 2010

Four foot snakes! It’s obvious just stick “Harry Potter and the…” infront of the title and this will fly off the shelves and turn around Sony’s fortunes.

My god, the fact that Sony haven’t even secured a licence to do a light sabre game, which is surely what move is perfectly suited for, show’s their narrow mindedness. Mind you, you only have to look as far as GT5 to see how they can squash the fun out of a licence *cough* topgeartesttrack *cough*.

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 20:22.
  7. TSBonyman

Looks good and i love the design of the cat! :)

Comment posted on 13/04/2012 at 22:44.
  8. JesseDeya
    Since: Jan 2010

Another sorcery article, another cheap dig at move for being ‘unsupported’.

It’s getting dull, honestly. Move is great hardware and there have been plenty of titles making use of it. For some reason the media is concentrating on sorcery as the flagship and missing everything else.

Where are the articles about blowing the dust of your wii fit board or tony hawk ride board etc etc? Oh, not Sony so not fun to ridicule?

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 08:05.
  9. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

I really do hope this is a good as we all want it to be.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 21:16.