First Pokemon Black & White 2 Trailer Released

New stuff!

The first trailer for Pokemon Black & White 2 has been released on the official Pokemon site, which shows new gameplay and a new area, Hiougi City.

According to Andriasang, via Coro Coro Comics, Pokemon Black & White 2 will feature new lead characters as well as other new characters, including Rival and Akuroma, a Pokemon researcher.

Pokemon Black & White 2 will release in Japan 23rd of June and it appears it will only be a DS title, which seems like a huge missed opportunity for a 3DS promotion.

Source: Andriasang

1. mynameisblair
    hisnameisblair

I still find it odd that they’re doing a direct sequel, but as long as it improves as the other games have and isn’t simply a reskinned Black and White, it should be as good as ever.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 14:17.
  2. Lorcan
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Oct 2008

YEAH! Go Pocketo Monostars!

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 14:28.
  3. nofi
    One for all.

Not being for 3DS is crazy.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 15:02.
    • pokemaniac12345
      Since: Apr 2012

Many parents, for the safety of their children forbid themselves from buying it, because it can damage their eyes. Also, -7’s aren’t allowed 3DS’s, so it appeals to more people.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 15:45.
    • Burgess_101

Surely then its alienating the rest of market? I know for a fact I would have gotten back into it had it been on 3DS.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 16:48.
  4. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

These new Pokemon suck. What ever happened to the old Pokemon, I loved evolving Charmander into Charizard and Squirtle into Blastoise.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 15:05.
  5. EviesDaddy Too
    Since: Oct 2008

Even as a Pokemaniac I’m getting awfully tired of the lack of evolution of Pokemon games. I REALLY hope they’re working on a 3DS game, AND something revolutionary for the Wii-U… But I’m expecting the same thing, re-hashed… again… I don’t think they’ve really even taken the DS to where they SHOULD have- the touchscreen might as well not be an input device for all the use they DON’T make of it. I really hope than Nintendo will kick GameFreak up the arse with a view to ejecting them from the rut that they still are in (or dangle a golden carrot, or something)- it disappoints me that the Pokemon games still look like ports from the GBA. As someone who gets much less time to spend/waste playing games, and can barely afford to, I’m giving up on Pokemon until they can deliver newness… Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 15:13.
  6. Aquastyle
    Since: Jul 2010

Never got properly into Black due to it “not being the same anymore”, perhaps I should give it another go with Black 2 though… Admittedly there are a lot of cool Gen 5 Pokèmon around, per example Lilligant, Krookodile, Zoroark, Cinccino, Emolga, Haxorus, Mienshao, Hydreigon and others.
    Conkeldurr on the other hand, is without a doubt the ugliest Pokèmon ever, eewwww.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 17:57.
  7. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

The last hurrah for the Nintendo DS.

I hope as a sequel, there is a little experimentation in this, although I doubt it.
    After all, that’s what the spin-offs are for.
    People tend to complain the games are all too similar (me too sometimes) but the thing is, there ARE spin-offs such as the Pokemon Ranger or Mystery Dungeon games.

These sell less though and always seem to lack the simple magic that is the main series.

The only major change I’d like is for the game to become a fully 3D world, complete with a lower camera.

Comment posted on 14/04/2012 at 20:20.
  8. SH Number 7/Mini-Lipscombe
    Since: May 2011

They aren’t really pushing the DS as far as they could, I would love for them to actually make some real advancements rather than adding in one new small component each time, give us some more depth even for a kids game, like customising the character they always looks shit, maybe even customising the Pokémon, but
    I know loads of people would complain about that idea, I think it would be cool playing against some one else, having the same Pokémon but have both look different in some way.

Comment posted on 15/04/2012 at 15:13.