Bethesda's Dishonored Trailer Is Stunning

Honoured.

No need for words, just watch this amazing trailer for Bethesda’s upcoming first person action game, Dishonored, which we kinda spoiled a little bit with our earlier scoop.

You can play the game in a number of ways, mixing stealth with assassin’s gadgets or all out blazing action. There’s no solid release date yet but it is due sometime this year. I can’t wait.

1. Burgess_101

It really annoys me when (dis)honoured is spelt without the U. Just like with Medal of Honour. Otherwise I like the setting but I will wait for the gameplay I dont think this will play well at all.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 16:51.
    • IAmJacksMedullaOblongata
      Since: Nov 2011

It’s the American spelling which, and I’m sure there are lots of people who will disagree, is totally legit. British English has evolved from what it once was. It morphed into American English for that side of the world over centuries. It’s how they spell things. Big deal.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 17:33.
      • Burgess_101

I know they can call it whatever they want ( I have put up with stranger things from Sony Quriosity anyone?). Just doesn’t look right to me.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 17:50.
    • gideon1451

I agree. I always put the u when I type game names like this.

Comment posted on 22/04/2012 at 11:21.
  2. Nylon_Angel
    Since: Jul 2010

wow, love the video, looks like its going to be an interesting game. Looking forward to seeing more on this :)

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 16:58.
  3. hazelam

i was expecting a typical fantasy world, a’la the elder scrolls, from the first scene in the prison.
    why is it so many bethesda games start you off as a prisoner?

the world looks interesting, i’m getting a steampunk vibe, mixed in with a little magic.

i’m hoping a third person option will be available if you’re going to be climbing over rooftops and the like.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 18:18.
  4. MICKY17

Loved that trailer, it looks superb. Can’t wait to hear more at E3 about this.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 19:02.
  5. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Wow, looks amazing. Only this morning I was wondering what had happened to this game, it’s certainly one to keep an eye on now!

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 19:10.
  6. Nitrox
    Since: Apr 2012

In disregard of the possible bugs (which we don’t know). The fact remains that this trailer (if you can call a 4:30 video still a trailer) is stunning!

I rather see a company which (possibly) tries to ride the wave of Assassins creed…

Btw: this is my first post, enjoy it ;)

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 20:34.
    • MICKY17

I think Arkane Studios will do a good job with this and will hopefully have a minimal amount of bugs. Oh and welcome to TSA!! :)

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 22:22.
  7. morbo1993

To anyone going past the first page, here’s a preview of the game that’s pretty good, with some nice screenshots that look in-game.

Also want to make it clear that this game is made by Arkane studios, who made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, and had design assistance on Bioshock 2. So the way the game plays and the setting isn’t really a big surprise if you look at them, but it looks like an amazing blend!

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 20:37.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Looks good.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 22:53.
  9. E8_BALL_
    Since: Jul 2010

Intrigued, but wish they’d keep away from story based cinematics in trailers, they have more impact when you see for the first time hands on. I’m still ntrigued:)

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 23:23.
  10. Gamoc

I love everything Bethesda do and I’ve been excited for this game since I first read about it ages ago. They had me at supernatural assassin.

Comment posted on 17/04/2012 at 23:48.