Sony's 3D PlayStation Display Now Available In Europe

Bedroom sized panel out now!

Remember the 3D monitor that Sony showed off at last year’s E3? It’s been out in the US for a while now but I’ve been keeping an eye out for a European release and have been disappointed… until now!

The press release came through this morning to let us know that the 24 inch, 1080P 3D Display is now available in Europe, although I’ve checked and it’s still not showing up on Amazon just yet. For its European release, the display is bundled with a couple of games – Platinum versions of Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5 as well as an HDMI cable and two pairs of rechargable 3D glasses.

Those 3D glasses will also allow you to use the display’s SimulView feature, showing a totally different 2D image to two different players, allowing a kind of split screen 2-player mode without having to split the screen!

There are two HDMI ports as well as a component port, which the press release says is for a PS2 or PSP connection but we assume it will accept DVD players, freeview boxes and the like too.

The bundle is priced at £449.99, hopefully retailers will start updating their listings soon.

Source: Press release.

1. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

yes been waiting for this tv or monitor whatever it is. Been looking on amazon for so long

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 14:53.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

Why? There’s far better alternatives for a lot less.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 17:01.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

I know but this would just be for my study room and gaming heaven & i like the trick with the glasses

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 17:06.
      • Sympozium

You know I want this to and I don’t care ifs there’s TVs that much cheaper.

It looks cool simply.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 21:49.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

Also if your going to buy a 3d tv the best one under £500 is probably the Panasonic st30 (42″ version)

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 17:07.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

Sorry, didn’t see your reply when I posted that but there’s still better small 3d monitor/tv’s for around £300. Some are even 2k ( 2x 1080p)

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 17:10.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

Im not going lie to you the giant psp look looks sexy & its playstation its a must have lol, guess am buy the brand rather than the hardware

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 17:27.
  2. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

I was excited for this when it was first announced but becuase of the epic delay for the EU on top of the price over hear, I’m gonna have to give it a dodge

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 14:55.
    • colossalblue
      Team TSA: Editor

is this expensive then? I’ve been looking out for this for months but last time I priced a different 3D TV was ages ago and it was something silly like £800

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:22.
    • Mike
      Since: Oct 2008

You can get this: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/logik-l423ed11-full-hd-42-led-3d-tv-299-currys-co-uk-1196588 for £299, so plenty of change left over compared to the £450 asking price and it’s also a bigger screen. Not the best brand but for the money it’ll do for a dedicated gaming monitor etc.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 16:40.
      • Mike
        Since: Oct 2008

So as I say on HUKD – Cold from me, I’m afraid. ;)

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 16:42.
    • Awayze
      Since: Jul 2010

That $393 price doesn’t include tax, tax would be added depending what state it’s been delivered to and who (Native Americans wouldn’t have to pay tax in most states).

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 18:53.
  3. webby_15-0

wow that was lucky, was just looking at this yesterday trying to find out when it was released and because i couldn’t find anything, nearly bought just any old 3d tv. definitely gonna buy it.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:05.
  4. PoorPaddy89

Out of interest, how many games support this SimulView feature? I assume it wouldnt be automatic.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:05.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

Gt5, uncharted, motorstorm and killzone do for sure, probably quite a few more though.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 17:04.
  5. Forrest_01

Sounds pricey – Surely you can get a larger 3D TV for that sort of money? (I don’t know for certain as I hate 3D with a passion)

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:08.
  6. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

If you press a button, the screen slides up revealing a giant joypad for this supersize PSPgo

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:13.
  7. Mr_writer
    Since: Mar 2009

£250 to expensive for me I’m afraid shame if this had been on the othe side of £300 I might of biten.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:20.
  8. bigkingy
    Since: Jul 2010

I think it’s a bit expensive as 24″ is a bit small. On the other hand it’s bound to deliver a cracking picture, perhaps suitable for a bedroom?

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:27.
  9. Nigeyboy
    Since: Dec 2011

At first glance it seems too expensive, but remember it’s got two pairs of glasses. In some setups you’d be looking at £100-150 extra for the glasses. Knock that off the price and maybe it’s not so bad.

It’s too late for me though, I went down the line of 3D projectors. Unchartered 3/Crysis 2 on a 80″ screen in 3D! I couldn’t go back to 24″.

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:47.
  10. doug
    Since: Oct 2008

Just for a 40 inch full hd Sony from Argos for £370 couldn’t play games on a small screen anymore

Comment posted on 18/04/2012 at 15:48.