Console Versions Of Risen 2 Delayed

Additional content.

Deep Silver has announced that console versions of the pirate RPG, Risen 2: Dark Waters, have been delayed.

Both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the title will now release July 31st in North America and August 3rd in Europe. The PC version will release as scheduled on April 27th.

Deep Silver says the delay is because the console versions of Risen 2: Dark Waters will receive extra content, including a new chapter called The Air Temple.The Air Temple is said to add a new sub plot to Risen 2 and extend the game’s length by several hours.

Source: Press Release

1. Forrest_01

Is everything either an RPG or FPS these days?? :S

I am of course being sarcastic, but it does seem to have been an influx of just that recently.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 15:47.
  2. Eldave0
    andUandU

I might be being a little cynical here but I would imagine the reason its delayed is because it’s buggy, they are just throwing in some extra content to sweeten the deal.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 16:03.
    • Sympozium

Reminds me of a notorious series Piranha made but was the cause of the publisher.

I hope history doesn’t repeat with Gothic.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 18:56.
  3. djhsecondnature

A second delay? Blimey.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 16:21.
  4. Smallville2106
    Since: Feb 2011

Makes a change from devs releasing a buggy game, then not fixing it properly than fleecing us with DLC. Prefer to wait and get it when it works properly.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 16:45.
  5. Sympozium

The first Risen was a really poor port I hope the console versions don’t suffer the same wounds or else its just PC for me if I wanted to get that.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 18:59.
  6. OneShotWook
    Since: Jun 2010

Enjoyed gothic 1 and 2 but the first Risen felt ancient.The second looks like it could be good but the 360 version of the Witcher 2 really does set a very high standard for console conversions of these kind of games.
    Speaking as someone who was in the market for this but now would wait till a price drop because of the Witcher i can’t blame them delaying.

Comment posted on 20/04/2012 at 19:39.