Assassin's Creed III Special Edition Is A GAME Exclusive

Returning to form.

Recently saved GAME will be the only UK retailer to get the Special Edition of Assassin’s Creed III, it has been confirmed.

The newly named Assassin’s Creed III GAME exclusive edition will feature an exclusive in-game campaign mission “A Dangerous Secret”, with your reward on completion being a spiffy flintlock musket weapon.

What hasn’t been made clear, however, is what stores will be offering the other two Collectors’ Editions that Ubisoft has previously announced. The Join Or Die Edition offers a different exclusive mission, plus medallion and George Washington’s notebook, whereas the Freedom Edition has more bells and whistles than you can shake a Tomahawk at.

Source: GAME

1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Not sure how to react. It’s nice that a competitor’s on the up again, but I’ve never liked GAME and their incessant ability to price games over everyone else…

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:09.
    • stage1
      Since: Feb 2012

I have the exact same feeling.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 21:50.
  2. Burgess_101

I cant justify killing my fellow Englishmen so I wont be buying ACIII. Also it plays like shit on a keyboard and mouse and ubisoft always fuck over us PC gamers.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:11.
    • PoorPaddy89

I’m going to play the half-Irish card, so I’m cool with it :P

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:16.
      • Burgess_101

I’m half Guyanese myself still cant justify it ;).

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:22.
    • Mike
      Since: Oct 2008

The game should be great! The Brits are back! Lol. Good thing you aren’t American – you wouldn’t be able to play GTA etc :p

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:36.
      • Burgess_101

I fear saying something politically incorrect here… So ill leave it at that ;)

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:41.
      • Mike
        Since: Oct 2008

I’m intrigued, Burgess.

You are a tease ;)

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:49.
    • jikomanzoku
      Since: Jan 2010

That’s a really interesting point Burgess and got me thinking :)

They’re not people, they’re pixels and we all know this as demonstrated by our willingness to shoot/punch/stab/explode any “human” in any game. I’d imagine nearly everyone in here would never dream of hurting a real person apart from in extremis, but we’ll all have shot thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, if not millions of little computer people over our gaming careers.

For me, I play games for escapism and the opportunity to do the things we can’t or won’t do in the real world, be that piloting an anti-grav racer, felling a colossi or shooting people.

I assure you I’m not disagreeing with your stance or placing greater value on your or my opinions on this, they’re just different, you just got me wondering “what makes one digital representation of a human fair game over another?” Might be an interesting topic for an article.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 07:15.
      • Forrest_01

I thought that said ‘feeling a collosi’ then – I thought you were playing shadow of the colossus all wrong! :)

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 09:20.
      • jikomanzoku
        Since: Jan 2010

Now there’s a mental image LOL, “Shadow Of The Colossus: Tiny Sexual Attacker Edition” I shoulda put colossus too, not colossi – oops

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 09:42.
      • KeRaSh

Im with jikomanzoku all the way.
        As a German/American I’d be pretty screwed if I put any value on the fictional heritage of the digital representation of humans in a video game.
        I really don’t understand why anyone would care about the nationality of fictional characters in games. That doesn’t mean I can’t respect that descission.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 10:22.
      • Burgess_101

To be honest its more like this for me. Its just I find Assassins Creed boring now and was contemplating buying the third one but then I found out it was the revolution. Now I personally dont find that part of history interesting to myself. Coupled together with the fact like I said Ubisoft screw over the PC crowd all the time. Then put killing (albeit virtual representations) of my fellow countrymen and the pot boils over for myself. To summarise my reasons for not wanting ACIII are as follows ( in order of importance):

1. Previous instalments bored me.
        2. Part of history doesn’t interest me (Middle East did in the first game as my family is from around there not so much with ACII
        3.Ubisoft screw PC gamers over.
        4.Having to kill my countrymen.

Hopefully I dont come across as a massive right wing lunatic ;)

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 17:00.
      • jikomanzoku
        Since: Jan 2010

Cool, and no, don’t worry, that doesn’t come across as right wing lunacy mate :)

Certainly agree about Ubi’s treatment of PC gamers (which is awfully shoddy) and the assessment of the previous titles too (zzzZZzzzz) mate.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 18:12.
  3. justboy
    Since: Jul 2010

Since there seems to be different DLC for each edition, it’s inevitable that they will all be available to buy separately. Takes the shine off announcing yet another edition.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:19.
    • cnutard
      Since: Apr 2011

I was thinking a future “complete” edition of the game (be it goty or whatever), only then would I bother to buy it.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 22:34.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

I couldn’t agree more – and I’ve been stung before when I’ve paid extra for “exclusive” pre-order DLC, then it just gets released later on (and usually when you can buy the game at a lower price too). Therefore this edition is pretty meaningless, and also looks inferior to the “Join of Die Collectors Edition” anyway.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 08:28.
  4. Mike
    Since: Oct 2008

Already got my Freedom Edition ordered.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 20:31.
  5. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Really want the Freedom Ed, will see nearer the time how much money I have.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 22:02.
  6. DapperHayden007
    Since: Apr 2011

a nice thing for ubisoft to be doing when game are (still) in a bad situation. Nice to see some help being handed out.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 22:08.
    • hazelam

maybe, but i doubt they’re doing it for free.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 10:13.
  7. Erroneus
    Wanted "Trophy Hunter" but was too late.

Ordered the freedom edition from my local Gamestop. Has a weakness for AC CE’s :)

Got the AC2 Black Edition with Eizo figurine, AC:B Collectors Edition with Doctor Jack in the box and AC:R Animus Edition, plus an extra Ezio AC:R figurine. I should really get hold of an Altair figurine, now that AC3 Freedom Edition has a figurine of Connor.

Actually I’m browing Amazon.co.uk right now.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 22:25.
    • Mike
      Since: Oct 2008

Got them all too, even have the AC II White Edition on 360 too :p My AC:B CE and Revelations Animus Edition is still sealed. I’m so sad :p

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 23:08.
      • Erroneus
        Wanted "Trophy Hunter" but was too late.

Woav still sealed, impressive! :) I’ve never been managed to keep my CE’s sealed, but I don’t collect because of their exclusivity, but because of their content, got two shelf’s with game figurines :)

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 06:57.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

One extreme to the other…

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 22:38.
  9. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

This actually looks good tbh. Never got into AC2.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 22:39.
  10. hazelam

it used to be you wouldn’t get the full game if you bought preowned, now you won’t get it even if you buy new.
    unless you buy copies from three or four different retailers.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 07:27.
    • Smallville2106
      Since: Feb 2011

Never thought of it quite like that. It’s getting silly now. Not looking forward to next gen.

Comment posted on 24/04/2012 at 08:24.