Timesplitters 4 Rumours Again

A source of a source of a source said something about a monkey.

So it’s been a while since we had news about Timesplitters 4, let’s jump back on that bandwagon again. More rumours are flying around the internet today of the long awaited 4th venture into a monkey and melon infested world.

Now, this is where it gets confusing. CVG are running a story today saying that OXM sources have seen a playable version of the game. After a quick scout over at OXM, I saw nothing to support this claim but that doesn’t prove nor disprove anything, they might be holding it back for a massive exclusive splash in their magazine. Just keep it in mind.

Also, a playable version of the game means nothing. The Avengers had a playable version and was canned so don’t treat this as concrete. Still, Timesplitters 4 would be awesome wouldn’t it?

Source: CVG.

1. Tomhlord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

Haze 2 please.

Comment posted on 25/04/2012 at 16:49.
    • LTG Davey
      andUandU

Not sure if that is sarcasm but strangely I really enjoyed Haze. The fact it cost me a fiver helped…

Comment posted on 25/04/2012 at 16:54.
  2. Shadzter
    Since: Apr 2012

“After a quick scout over at OXM, I saw nothing to support this claim but that doesn’t prove nor disprove anything, they might be holding it back for a massive exclusive splash in their magazine. Just keep it in mind.”

CVG are citing the magazine, not the website, that’s why. Here’s the scan I sent to them, SPOnG and a few other sites.

Comment posted on 25/04/2012 at 17:00.
  3. bigbaldwolf
    Since: Mar 2012

I loved Timesplitters and the level creator was fantastic. My favourite creation was basically a huge room with weapons scattered here and there. It was called crossfire and it was crazy! Oh and the monkeys were awesome!

Comment posted on 25/04/2012 at 17:05.
  4. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I hope this is true as FPSes lack monkeys nowadays. Plus, they lack a bald marine that has a personality and is a time traveler. Also, humour.

I enjoyed TS3. Remeber laughing my arse off at the GOD DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTTT! scene as well as the cortez gets kicked in the balls scene.

Either a rerelease on the store or remake would be excellent. Would kill to see TS4 provided none of the things that make Timesplitters, Timesplitters are removed.

Comment posted on 25/04/2012 at 21:54.
    • TheDemocrodile

Indeed. More monkeys please.

Comment posted on 25/04/2012 at 22:31.
    • Sympozium

More cats!

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 01:57.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Or, a Monkey-cat hybrid. It would fit into the TS universe. I can actually see TS4 taking the royal mick out of every major game this generation.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 08:09.
      • Sympozium

I know because they’re shit, still I hope they don’t tone down Timespilters as well.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 09:31.
  5. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

Much as I loved the Timesplitters games, I think we should give up on Timesplitters 4. I think if it was going to happen we’d know about it by now.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 08:36.
  6. Boomshanks

I really, really hope this game gets released. Can’t wait to play as Mr Socky again.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 08:38.
  7. Ed the Penguin

If there’s no new release, I’d still like to see the original’s put up on the Store.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 09:33.
  8. Nylon_Angel
    Since: Jul 2010

I loved timeslitters,would be cool if they were making another one :)

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 10:52.
  9. Roynaldo
    Since: Nov 2008

Great memories of Timesplitters. That’s all I have to say.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 18:15.