New Battlefield 3 Close Quarters DLC Screenshots & Trailer Released

Do ya or Donya?

EA has released some new screenshots  and a trailer, as well as some more information for the Close Quarters DLC, that will release for Battlefield 3 in June.

The key features of Close Quarters includes:

• 4 new maps including Ziba Tower & Donya Fortress.
  • 10 new assignments and 5 new dog tag styles.
  • 10 new weapons including  the, AUG Assault Rifle, SCAR Assault Rifle, ACW-R Carbine, MTAR-21 Carbine, M417 Sniper Rifle, JNG-90 Sniper Rifle, L86LSW Machine Gun, LSAT Machine Gun, M5K Tactical Machine Pisto & lSPAS-12 Shotgun.

The screenshots below show the Donya Fortress map. The Close Quarters DLC has currently been priced at 1200 MSP & $14.99 USD, with a similar price for the UK & Europe expected.

Source: Press Release

1. zakwhorules
    Since: Oct 2010

That looks so intense and awesome! Shame i don’t have the money to buy it :(

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 13:44.
    • AJ
      Since: Oct 2008

But it’s free for us who bought the Limited Edition new, right? I don’t remember whether I actually purchased the Back to Karkand DLC when it came out. That was so long ago…

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 07:15.
      • Forrest_01

No, definitely not free for anyone. The only pre-order bonus was Back to Karkand.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:08.
  2. Crazy_Del

Well that Donya close quarters map would be team/squad deathmatch only? If so not my style prefer Conquest and Squad Rush (mainly Conquest)
    Well it’s a shame really as I plan to Platinum Battlefield 3 before Ghost Recon release and may not go back on Battlefield 3 for quite some time (months probably)
    Still it looks good though ^^

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 13:53.
    • dotSilver
      Since: Apr 2012

12 seconds into the trailer it says “Donya Fortress Conquest Domination Gameplay”

So no it’s not just team/squad deathmatch.

The maps might be close quarter oriented, but by no means does it mean the maps are small. The size is now vertically big.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:34.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

there supposed to be roughly 1x to 2x the size of the average tdm map although have 3 or 4 floors to them.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:37.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

its limited to “conquest domination”, tdm, stdm and both types of rush.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:35.
      • Crazy_Del

The feck did I miss that 0_e
        Thanks guys might think about it does look crazy fun =D

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:38.
      • Forrest_01

What the hell is ‘Conquest Domination’ when it’s at home?

I presume another variant like Conquest Assault, but i don’t know many people that actually like Conquest Assault! :S

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 18:22.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

conquest domination is going to be conquest but with tdm spawns and i’m guessing only 3 flags.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 22:11.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

oh and I’ve always found conquest assault to play just like normal conquest and haven’t noticed too many differences in game play

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 22:12.
      • Forrest_01

I don’t really have a major problem with Conquest Assault tbh, but i’ll admit that it can be a bit annoying to be fighting an uphill battle from the off if you are an attacker. & if you are a defender, you could be sat for up to about 5 minutes or so without seeing a single attacker.

I do definitely prefer standard conquest, but am happy to play whatever its thrown my way.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:10.
  3. F022Y
    Since: Sep 2010

Very much looking forward to this

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:01.
  4. Ed the Penguin

Ooh, pretty pictures. I might just have enough MS points for it too.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:07.
  5. SilverCider
    Since: Jan 2011

Looks tasty. I may just be convinced to get it :)

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 14:08.
  6. MICKY17

Day one purchase. Looks brilliant!

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 15:27.
  7. yogdog
    Since: Feb 2010

Sold! To be fair though, I already was, this just reinforces my need for this DLC :)

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 15:44.
  8. Bilbo_bobbins

This DLC says it all for BF3 really and DICE game design for this game.

Tunnels, everything has to go down tunnels. This is going to be sniper heaven. I can see it already (as the vid showed) you will have snipers sat at the end of every tunnel taking people out.

Battlefield was meant to be for open spaces, big maps, now they bring out DLC to cater for the COD players that bought the game. Its a sell out really, and a shame for the game.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 16:17.
    • yogdog
      Since: Feb 2010

Considering how negative you are on EVERY BF3 topic, I don’t know why you even bother to post on them anymore.
      There are already plenty of open maps (Kharg Island, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm etc etc), in fact the only closed in map I can think of is Operation Metro (which I play a lot of, it’s my favourite map). This DLC will make a nice change of pace from the main games maps and future DLC’s will have more open maps, I guess, as the next one at least is vehicle centered and will need it. I for one, and looking at the comments above I’m not the only person, am really looking forward to it. Before you accuse me of being a CoD player, I absolutely hate playing CoD online. Despise it.
      As for the snipers, when was the last time you actually played the game and gave it a chance without moaning? Snipers are pretty weak on Operation Metro (the aforementioned indoor map) and if there’s going to be anything to moan about, it’ll be the shotguns (most likely) or LMG’s with bi-pods. DAO or Saiga 12k says hi, they’re going to be the most likely culprits for all the hate.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 17:07.
      • yogdog
        Since: Feb 2010

I forgot about Grand Bazaar as well, that’s more of an indoor map. Again, sniper rifles are piss weak on it though.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 17:08.
      • Forrest_01

I agree with yogdog on the sniper issue – It’s actually rare to get sniped at all these days & it was much more rife on BC2. The troublesome guns tend to be the shotguns, as they decimate at close quarters, but are also too effective at range too.

You could also say the same about the tunnels on damavand, but they are actually rarely an issue with snipers. Bipods are an entirely different issue altogether though.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 18:26.
      • Kreisash

Never had a lasting issue with snipers on any map at all myself. In fact, because of suppression effects, it means I am more likely to head shot them with an LMG or assault rifle by blipping in their direction while they try to regain focus.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 19:35.
      • aphex187
        Since: Mar 2010

Bilbo does have a point old bean, i mean can you think of a BF3 map the size of Dragon Valley? Hell they even managed to butcher the back end of Karkand up and you know why? because Gustav uttered this pap:

I think we did a great job and that you should be grateful and not get stuck on small details that really dosent make any big difference.

Karkand also plays better with 7 flags than the original one. End of story.

How deluded is this man!!!!??

BUT! this still looks sexy and i hate myself for liking it because i’m a hardcore BF fan that likes wide open spaces and not small, tight, corridor type maps ala CoD!

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 20:55.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

the next dlc will be vehicle centered and include the biggest map ever seen in battlefield game so there trying to cater for everyone.

i’m really looking forward to close quarters, yes it won’t play like a battlefield game should but that shouldn’t take away from whether its any good or not. part of the resaon i love battlefield 3 so much is that it can become a great cq fps in tdm or the tighter conquest maps and then play like a reguular battlefield game on caspion, firestorm etc…

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 22:32.
      • aphex187
        Since: Mar 2010

Yeah and they are saying that these maps coming will be the biggest yet, didn’t they say the same about the vanilla maps lol! Trouble with DICE is that when they make these maps they centre them round Rush as well as CQ, you only have to look at Firestorm to understand what i mean!

All DICE need to do in the future is to not cluster flags togther, make sure that PC maps are made specifically for that machine and not for Consoles because it is the former that is holding us PC gamers back.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 08:42.
    • E8_BALL_
      Since: Jul 2010

For close quarters you have tdm, which shrinks any large map. Ideally I would’ve like these to have been large, with a tdm opt. I’ll still buy for a change of scenery.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 12:59.
  9. yogdog
    Since: Feb 2010

Looking forward to getting my hands on the M5K as well! Really got a rapore going with the PP-2000 lately, very rare I get a KD below 2-2.5.

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 17:09.
  10. Death_In_Flamez
    Since: Feb 2011

Gahhhhhh cannot wait to use my favourite gun :D

Comment posted on 26/04/2012 at 17:26.