Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - First Footage

Super Sony Bros Brawl.

Super All-Star Smash Royale Bros. Battle
Sony has, via GTTV, shown off their Smash Bros-esque fighting game. Whilst we’re hoping for a proper reveal later today, enjoy the first footage of PlayStation All-Stars below.

From the vid it’s clear there are obvious references to the Nintendo game, but this features four player online, much more animated levels and also features some third party characters.

This is the (terribly kept secret) SuperBot developed fighter that everyone’s been hyping for some time now – does it tickle your tastebuds?

1. Bilbo_bobbins

look superb, I mean it doesn’t tickle my tastebuds, more like tickling my testes…..bring it on.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 09:50.
  2. simplebob
    Since: Mar 2009

Pretty sure theres a Patapon backdrop in that lot. Look forward to seeing how this one turns out

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 09:52.
  3. MICKY17

That looks brilliant. Smash Bros is awesome so this is right up my street. Love the look of the backgrounds and hopefully they will have a great roster of old/new characters. Roll on E3.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:02.
  4. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Had hoped it wouldn’t be a Super Mario Brawl clone. Would have prefered if it was a Mortal Kombat clone but with some elements from Brawl.

I think i can see this being supported by the Move. Wonder if characters from franchises that have not been seen since the PS2 era will be in this game?

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:04.
  5. Mickey2010
    Since: Jan 2010

Looks good! i wasn’t intrested until this video but now i am!

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:30.
  6. TSBonyman

Looks good, not sure if it’s for me but certainly looks the part.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:36.
  7. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

Fantastic! Love the art style and the fact it’s not too serious like Mortal Combat or games like that.
    This should bring in the ‘casuals’ and the ‘hardcore’ groups.

I will be picking this up as soon as it’s out which I read will be in December of this year!

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 10:55.
  8. MegaBonez

I loves Super Smash Bros. I’m sure I’ll love this too!

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 11:35.
  9. tactical20

I’m glad they captured the essence….

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 13:51.
  10. ProjectJAY

I literally could not be more excited. I don’t care that it looks uncannily like Super Smash Bros, and I certainly don’t appreciate everybody pointing it out like they think they’re the only one that realises it. This is clearly a celebration of Sony’s heritage with a tried and true formula to get everybody excited, but with enough differences (AWESOME stages :D) to stand out.

I want to play this game now. And if they include Crash, Jak and Ratchet in the roster, it’s an insta-buy.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 13:53.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

I’m far more excited for it being an accessible game than some inaccessible fighter.

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 14:09.
      • ProjectJAY

Also this :)

Comment posted on 27/04/2012 at 16:22.