You

Massive Poll: Do You Regret Buying Move or Kinect?

Did you Kinect with the hardware?

Move and Kinect have been in the shops for over a year now and millions of consumers have purchased the hardware. The outlay was considerable, with Move requiring at least the purchase of a controller and a PS Eye (£45), Kinect costing considerably more (over £100).

The gaming world was braced and ready for quality motion control blockbuster titles and what did we get? Dance games, party games and Wii-style shovelware.

A few big titles, such as Mass Effect 3 and Killzone 3 have optional support but, so far, developers have failed to deliver a killer game for either system so for many people, the hardware is gathering dust.

Do you regret spending all that money on tech you barely use or are you hopeful that this year’s E3 will finally bring us some decent games aimed at the ‘hardcore’ gamer?

The poll closes at midnight Friday, get voting TSA!

1. david24
    Since: Feb 2011

had i of bought kinect i think i would of regretted it but despite my move seeing very little use i’d of probably regretted not buying one, i still only have the controller though and I’ve held of getting the navi and sharpshooter until there’s a game i really went it for.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:25.
  2. jaksmakndaxter
    Since: Oct 2008

I will admit that Sony has yet to give a major reason to own The Move,but I still don’t regret the purchase. It did what I expected it to do:it entertains me.Games like Hustle Kings,High Velocity Bowling,Sports Champions and The Fight are good enough to keep me goin til Sony,or any other company,decides to use the controller’s full potential

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:27.
  3. stonyk

To be fair the whole thing cost me £40 for move with the free demos. Can quite a bit of enjoyment with the family for a few days over xmas then I gave it to my dad. It is harsh to be overly critical on Move as it is the price of a game and the demos gave me more enjoyment than some games I’ve bought in the past.
    Now if I’d spent £100+ on kinect – that would be different….

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:32.
  4. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

Don’t regret getting move & a nav, picked up child of Eden when game had their problems, what a great game for the move :)

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:37.
    • jikomanzoku
      Since: Jan 2010

One of my favourite games this gen :) Does it have 3dtv support on PS3? I was told the other day that it does but have been unable to verify this.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 18:19.
  5. elpablo79

I don’t regret buying Move, I got it at a good price at the time, but certainly I wish more had been done for it. I use it mainly for various House of the Dead games. Tried it with Resistance 3 but I was all over the place with it. I also have other games I can and should use it for. Sports Champions was one of the best games for it, but could really have done with either a follow up or more DLC add-on games. The Fight is one I have just started recently. That nearly killed me. It does seem like a wasted opportunity but mine hasn’t been relegated solely to dust gathering

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:38.
  6. Sitorimon
    Since: Jul 2011

No regrets – I knew what I was getting into and have enjoyed the games on my PS Move that have for the most part done exactly what I expected them to. The only optional peripheral I regret buying is the awful uDraw tablet – the biggest waste of money I’ve potentially spent in 25 years gaming

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:43.
  7. MOVE
    Since: Mar 2010

Use it for every shooter that has it implemented as I feel it is more comfortable than a dualshock. Love it and have no regrets. Hardly a surprise given my username, I know.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:44.
  8. ProjectJAY

I do not regret buying Move because the one game I use it for, MJ The Experience, I got a surprising amount of mileage out of. I likened it to buying a game-specific peripheral for something like Guitar Hero.

That said, I do want to see some more creative uses for it (fingers crossed for Sorcery) and not see it routinely shoehorned into first-person shooters.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 17:48.
  9. Darth Newdar
    Since: Oct 2010

I haven’t bought Move for my PS3 – I decided to wait for a while, as I had several games sitting on my shelf. As time has gone on, I have got less inclined. If it had been included in Portal 2, then I might have been persuaded. As it is, there just aren’t enough games.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 18:15.
  10. ratkiller75
    Since: Nov 2010

While the games for the Move have overall not been great, the allowance of controls in other games has been good (e.g. R.U.S.E. where it is perfect for strategy, although a lot of effort to plug in and use). Also Sports Champions and games like it, while not inventive have provided entertainment.
    Also more games are coming so I think that when it comes to it, it was rushed but has provided and can still do so. More of a gimmick than a game changer but I personally think all is ok.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 18:42.