You

Massive Poll: Do You Regret Buying Move or Kinect?

Did you Kinect with the hardware?

Move and Kinect have been in the shops for over a year now and millions of consumers have purchased the hardware. The outlay was considerable, with Move requiring at least the purchase of a controller and a PS Eye (£45), Kinect costing considerably more (over £100).

The gaming world was braced and ready for quality motion control blockbuster titles and what did we get? Dance games, party games and Wii-style shovelware.

A few big titles, such as Mass Effect 3 and Killzone 3 have optional support but, so far, developers have failed to deliver a killer game for either system so for many people, the hardware is gathering dust.

Do you regret spending all that money on tech you barely use or are you hopeful that this year’s E3 will finally bring us some decent games aimed at the ‘hardcore’ gamer?

The poll closes at midnight Friday, get voting TSA!

1. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

I don’t regret the Move. The Nav, on the other hand?
    Most move games I have don’t support it at all!

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 18:52.
  2. element666
    Since: Mar 2012

I got move as a birthday present have used it once, hopefully something good will come along one day :)

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 19:50.
  3. minerwilly

I love mine and regularly use for Move Fitness and The Fight (both very underrated titles ) , i play a bit of Top Darts and Tumble quite regularly . Got to say had KZ3 and it just felt weird for FPS’s .

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 20:34.
  4. tatoemonkey
    Since: Apr 2009

Love move love the sports games and kung fu rider and golf awesome look foward,to my sunday morning frisbie golf every week its awesome

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 20:55.
  5. coruscant
    Since: Oct 2010

I regret it because although I bought a Move Controller but can’t afford to buy a Navi and Sharpshooter, as much as would want to to enjoy Move to the full.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 21:07.
  6. hiab-x

The old press demo for the Sony Move looked promising, the promise of unrivalled accuracy was very enticing. A kid selling me his controller for less than the usual second hand asking price seemed too good to miss…the following disappointment in how it all panned out cannot be understated. We own a Wii and have enjoyed quick and easy fun playing Dead Space & House of the Dead Overkill, it seemed a no-brainer to get the PS3 versions yet, in spite of looking slightly better, the accuracy of the move just seemed sub-Wii standard. Where you point on screen doesn’t line the cross hairs up very well (I’ve tried recalibrating several times but the poor results just begin to become boring) On the one hand, both my Move controllers were 2nd hand and didn’t cost much, and on the otherI feel like I wasted money on something that didn’t deliver what was meant to be so promising.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 23:01.
  7. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 23:26.
  8. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

move schmove..
    even the kids hated it..
    tried so hard to like it but for me
    EPIC FAIL!
    trading it in for a kinect see if thats any better?

Comment posted on 01/05/2012 at 23:39.
  9. justboy
    Since: Jul 2010

Yeah, I was a sucker for the hype and bought the move and nav controller on day one.
    Then was given a small choice of shovel ware to select from.
    It’s my fault really, I lost interest with my wii, so I should have at least waited for some good games to come out first.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 07:45.
  10. Mr_writer
    Since: Mar 2009

People say moves not supported but 71 games in a year says different.

Maybe alot of those games don’t appeal to us hardcore, but move is aimed to get non gamers/casual. Sony did say this is just another option, im glad its not their focus. I have kinect and I love that to. The problem though is that IS Microsofts focus and the hardcore are paying for it.

I think Move is just a stepping stone. Hopefully next gen its in all fps as an alternative control.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 08:18.