Sony Toying With Multiple Tiers Of PlayStation Plus

Free Call of Duty: Elite?

Sony, if the above survey is anything to go by, are toying with the idea of having multiple tiers of PlayStation Plus, or at least evaluating what they think the default deal should really feature and how it should be paid for.

Picked up by an IGN reader, the survey asks readers to choose between three different levels of Plus, each offering different perks and bonuses at different payment levels. The survey actually takes about fifteen minutes and tailors the choices depending on what you pick, which is why the Elite section is all marked as ‘no’ in the screengrab above.

The ‘Quality of Games’ choice made us giggle though.

In light of the survey going public, Sony say they “have nothing specific to announce at this time” and re-iterate that “PlayStation Plus continues to delight gamers with free games, huge discounts and exclusive gaming features that can’t be found on other platforms.”

1. Nickboss1
    Since: Mar 2010

interesting

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 11:27.
  2. Bilbo_bobbins

NONE for me, I play on the PLaystation because its free online. I wont be going along with this at all. Personally still feel P+ is a rip off, well for me anyway. Until they give some decent stuff for your money other than old games, then I’m oooot!

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 11:33.
  3. Sympozium

Nice to see disc based PS3 games along the lines of Shift 2 or even a few PS2 classics.

Besides what PS+ also needs to make it more enticing is more exclusive content.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 11:37.
  4. cam the man

I’m quite happy with Plus the way it is. The only (main) thing I would want is, like most Plus’ers, is to include Vita.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 12:02.
  5. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

I keep threatening to jump on ps+ but still not done it yet.
    I would want vita content, but can see the argument of minis being vita content.

I’m not phased by tiers, what they should do is offer a certain amount of credit (either cash value, or psn points, or whatever) that you can spend on what you like. obviously restrictions will be in place, but giving you 10 points a month, a full game could be 10 points, dlc 5pts, etc. then you would have (some) control over what you get.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 12:23.
    • cam the man

Sounds like a good idea. There’s quite a lot of the free stuff I’m not interested in so saving points until there’s something I want would be welcome, even if new games equated to 2,3 or more months worth of points.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 13:14.
  6. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

Option 3, so vous plait.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 15:07.
  7. Lambo_1989

I would like to see, like for a 12 month plan access to 5 different online pass codes for used games across all publishers in the sub.

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 19:02.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Bet it drops and full mashings will include passes for preowned games…

Comment posted on 02/05/2012 at 22:14.
  9. CptSupermarket
    Since: Feb 2012

Can’t see why anyone would choose anything other than option 3 from that chart?!

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 13:48.