The Elder Scrolls Online Images Appear

Big trees.

Well, without any idea where they came from or how AllGamesBeta got them, some images have appeared for Bethesda’s recently confirmed MMO. The Elder Scrolls Online (which I think we should refer to as TEScO) looks, well, like most other MMOs.

It’s interesting that they’re appearing, some appear to be actual in-game shots – hinting that we’re already well into development. Some of the concept art looks very cool but ultimately, it looks like another fantasy MMO. Are you excited by these?

Source: AGB

1. IAmJacksMedullaOblongata
    Since: Nov 2011

TESCO HORSE ARMOUR! BUY ONE GET ANOTHER HALF PRICE!
    ;)

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 11:49.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Peter, i think you may have accidentally posted WOW screenshots? Wait, these are actually for TES:Online?! This is not The Elder Scrolls! It’s too colourful and the art style doesn’t suit the franchise imo.

Also, i think i have poked a massive hole in the plot as i doubt that eight divines(think Talos didn’t happen untill the 3rd Era) and the other Daedric princes would stand by and let Molag merge Tamriel with his plane of Oblivion. As they love to interfer with the affairs of mortals. That and they seem to be recycling the plot a bit as Mehrunes Dagon tried to invade in Oblivion. Oh and why don’t they just use the typical TES gameplay instead of the WOW gameplay?

It’s not like TES is known for being an RPG that allows you to play in first or 3rd person and customise your class. Oh wait.Also, if i see a single dragon in this, i will call BS as that will be taking a massive dump on the lore.

And i doubt Molag will be that evil in the actual game as he is basically the devil of the TES universe. I think he created the first vampire when he raped nedic(Can’t remeber how it is spelt and if it is the actual name of the race) As it would probably get it banned in a lot of countries.

Also, you can’t turn into a werewolf or vampire despite there being werewolves and vampires. What a bloody tease!

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 11:55.
    • 3shirts

Do you ever think you might need to get out more? :)

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 11:57.
      • ray_gillespie

Lol

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 14:11.
      • fattyuk
        Since: Apr 2010

:0)

lol brilliant.

Comment posted on 06/05/2012 at 19:05.
  3. djhsecondnature

It’s been in development for five years apparently…

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 11:57.
    • 3shirts

It would make sense. After all, I’m sure the development shared a lot with that of Skyrim

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:01.
  4. 3shirts

I liked Oblivion and loved Skyrim and I’ve always wondered if I’d enjoy something like WoW but never bothered trying.
    This looks perfect for me, as long as it still plays like Elder Scrolls games

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 11:59.
  5. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

Shot number 4 looks like a very angry vagina.

If it is set a milenia before Skyrim, how come they havent invented lasers and guns and spaceships by the time Skyrim comes around?

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:09.
    • gazzagb
      Master of speling mitakse

I cannot un-see it now! Shame on you, corrupting my innocent mind! :P

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:23.
    • sg
      Since: Nov 2011

i just wanted to comment on the 4th pic LMFAO.

it also looks like a butthole.

i have nothing else to add to this post.

good day.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:38.
    • Watchful
      Team TSA: Writer
      Since: Oct 2008

For similar reasons to those behind the Romans having central heating while Dark/Middle Age Britain a thousand years later didn’t? And that’s leaving aside the whole “having magic slows and discourages technological advancement” argument. :-)

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:39.
    • PoorPaddy89

Hmm, these screens have actually put me off. Looks like a blend of generic WoW/Final Fantasy monsters. Bleurgh.

Give me Skyrim dlc, or even that they’re already planning TES VI: Summerset Isles. I don’t want to play with other people. They all suck.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:44.
      • PoorPaddy89

I didn’t mean to post this as a reply to your comment. But I do agree. As long as you don’t start thinking vaginas look like angry plants it’s okay. Could kinda kill the mood.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:45.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I like the concept art shots, especially the 9th and 13th pictures.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:25.
  7. Gamoc

I was excited for this, now I’m beginning to get a little wary.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:32.
  8. An-dz
    Since: Oct 2010

I cant let myself get this ever, it would be too addictive purly on it just having all the TES lore in it.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:47.
  9. shields_t
    Since: Oct 2008

I’d rather some Skyrim DLC, I’m alergic to MMO’s.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 12:50.
  10. Flightx

anybody think you will have the first person view or traditional 3rd person view of mmo’s?

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:12.
    • Gamoc

It’s third person.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:32.
    • PoorPaddy89

It’s not unlikely that they’d add an optional first/third person switch like in Skyrim, is it? Ive never played any MMOs, but I don’t see how playing in first person would complicate things.

Comment posted on 04/05/2012 at 13:56.