Rumour: Sony Recording A Teaser For Upcoming Killzone Game

Takes place after Killzone 3.

A teaser for the next Killzone game, which according to rumour takes place after Killzone 3, is apparently being produced.

So says Siliconera, who claim that (via an unnamed source) Sony is currently recording such a video, presumably for an E3 showing.  “My sons and my daughters, today we take the first step toward our imperial future,” starts the voice-over.

“For years, this once-great nation has stagnated in the shadow of its enemies. Governed by scoundrels who flaunted the ideals established by my father, these traitors… these enemies of our race have diluted and exploited the triad of Duty, Obedience, and Loyalty.”

“This regime, this corrupt regime, has been dissolved. In its place does rise an era of stability and strength. A time of opportunity born from a promise that we shall return our people to their proper sphere of dominance.”

Apparently the lines are being written for a woman, suggesting that it’s for Visari’s daughter.

No word on whether this is a PS3, PS4 or Vita game.

1. teflon
    Community Team

Like father, like daughter, it would seem!

My money’s on either Vita or a triple-platform, single purchase, get all three launch on PS3, PS4 and WiiU.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:07.
    • bmg_123
      Since: Feb 2012

You forgot 3DS…

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:09.
    • bmg_123
      Since: Feb 2012

And GBA cross-play with the Gamecube version…

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:13.
  2. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Sounds like maybe a spinoff for Vita, since Visari’s daughter was only ever a character with one word of dialogue in the entire series…

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:08.
  3. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

Could be the Vita game that is in development but then again is about the right time for Killzone 4.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:10.
    • nofi
      One for all.

If it’s Killzone 4 it really, really needs to be for PS4.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:11.
  4. JoshHood
    Small briefcase w*nker

Guessing it’s the Vita one, seeing as they haven’t really started any kind of promo for that yet.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:12.
    • bmg_123
      Since: Feb 2012

I think this would make my Vita purchase. I really want one now just to get Gravity rush but I’m also afraid that a new model/price will be announced at E3…

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:31.
      • Cutter.T

Be patient, gravity rush will be around for at least the next 20 years,. ;) Just get a Vita when you feel the time is right.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 23:13.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

It does seem likely, E3 would be the perfect place to reveal Killzone for the Vita. Fingers crossed.

Comment posted on 08/05/2012 at 00:11.
  5. Cutter.T

I really hope its from the Helgan’s perspective. Because so far, they always feel like the ‘good guys’. In fact, although the game even makes it appear like the ISA soldiers are being told lies and propaganda to fight the Helgan’s without being told the whole truth, at least if the backstory is to be believed…

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:13.
  6. Burgess_101

Hopefully this is on Vita as I dont game on PS3 anymore but I love Killzone.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:22.
  7. p9ul
    Since: Sep 2009

Even thought that dialogue is obviously for Visari’s daughter, I Couldn’t help “hearing” that speech being spoken by Brian Cox…

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:27.
    • Bodachi
      Since: Jan 2010

The intro to Killzone 2 was the best.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 22:41.
  8. HelixSundown
    Since: Aug 2011

Hell yes. I’m ready to slay some vile Helghast.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 23:07.
  9. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 23:12.
  10. Cutter.T

Honestly though if we play as the freakin ISA again, in the words of Duncan Bannatyne: “I’m out”.

Does anyone else feel the Helghan’s are the ‘good’guys (lesser of two evils, with better accents. )

Comment posted on 07/05/2012 at 23:17.
    • david24
      Since: Feb 2011

that’s one of my favorite things about killzone, how it has a enemy who is portrayed and looks so evil and yet you can still sympathize with, i’d still rather play as isa though. however i’d like to see the isa become a little more professional and not so not be less of the stereotypical macho american guys that run and gun everything.

Comment posted on 08/05/2012 at 01:06.
      • bowie
        Since: Jan 2012

I think if you look there are a lot of similarities between the events and Killzone and historical events such as the rise of Nazi Germany and the Iraq-Kuwait war. Which I think is why it is possible to sympathize with the Helghast. Because time and again history has seen ordinary people follow a strong, dictatorial leader into a war that may not make sense. I think it could be quite interesting to have a story like that of Operation Valkyrie where Helghast officers decide that war is no longer in best interest of the Helghast people and try to bring the war to an end.

Comment posted on 08/05/2012 at 04:58.