Behind the Wall With Game of Thrones RPG

The shield at your back.

Focus Home Interactive and Cyanide Studios are stepping up the marketing push for their eagerly anticipated RPG game based on the Song of Ice and Fire series.

This latest video offers a bit of behind the scenes chat about how integral the themes and settings of the books were to the development of this game and how they are aiming to give players the scope to live their own story while keeping it tied to the events of the first book (or the first TV series, if you’re one of those people).

To say I’m looking forward to this would be an understatement. George RR Martin’s world in the Song of Ice and Fire books is incredibly detailed, expansive and immersive. It’s a perfect backdrop for an RPG and Cyanide seem to have as much respect for the fiction as us fans do. The game is scheduled for a June release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. giantwoman
    Since: Sep 2011

Okay okay, I’ll pre-order it. Jeez guys, stop bullying me!

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 11:02.
    • stillirise6257
      Since: Jan 1970

im not sold on it…

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 11:09.
      • giantwoman
        Since: Sep 2011

I’ve loved all the books and have run out of RPGs to play for the time being, so it’s pretty much a given for me.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 11:20.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

Yeh I’m more keen on this because of the books. Nearly finished the second one “clash of kings” and it’s just genius.

Comment posted on 12/05/2012 at 18:34.
  2. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Looking forward to giving this a go.
    I just hope it’s as good as it can be- I won’t be happy if this doesn’t meet my high hopes!

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 11:41.
  3. hazelam

i’ve finally got the first book, asda had it for 3 pound something.
    i’m only a few chapters in, but i’m liking it so far.

so i’m starting to get more interested in this game.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 11:43.
  4. Louise

I really love a Song of Ice and Fire, and i do really want to like this game as i love the universe. But i don’t know why, but i have a feeling this game is not going to do it justice.

I also hope this game doesn’t fall into the same thing the Witcher 2 did in terms of sexual tones. I like sex as much as anyone else, but being a female and playing a game whereas your a male and it’s constantly forced down your throat is just annoying. I haven’t played the Witcher 2 because of this, and i doubt i will. Although then i again, i do understand that’s just what the character’s like and it is based on the books. Still, it’s a shame as i know the story’s amazing.

Anyway, i would’ve liked the option to be a female character in this game. I know the majority of females in George’s world are ‘lady’s’ and don’t have any part in battle, but there could’ve always been a character like Brienne!

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 12:58.
    • colossalblue
      Team TSA: Editor

There are a couple of strong female characters actually – Maege Mormont too. Wouldn’t have been a huge stretch. It could also have been really interesting (and fitting with the source) to have sections of choice and dialogue led RPG with a female lead negotiating and scheming.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 14:51.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

Aslong as they don’t add a side quest for breast feeding. That would slightly taint it!

Comment posted on 12/05/2012 at 18:35.