Uncharted: Golden Abyss Patch Fixes Silly "Offline" Mode Thing

Party chat wins!

Deeply distressed that every time you played Uncharted: Golden Abyss on the PlayStation Vita it signed you out of the PSN?

Bend’s got you covered, then, because a patch issued today fixes the silly decision (which was apparently a power saving thing) to log you out, and you’ll remain connected during gameplay.

Other fixes involve tweaks to the Black Market and some difficulty tuning for Crushing mode.

Get the patch now. And then hope Gravity Rush gets a similar one, because it does the same…

1. bigbaldwolf
    Since: Mar 2012

Ok so I have just beaten crushing mode after nearly crying over chapters 11 and 26 and now they tweak it. I hope they make it harder mwah ha ha ha. The whole wifi connection issue being resolved is good though.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:06.
  2. dude90

I suspect this is for the usual “The Network Features have been disabled” message.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:12.
  3. Bilbo_bobbins

good news for people who have this. Oh and thumbs up stuff on the comments, nice one TSA.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:13.
  4. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Great, so I 100% Escape Plan, then they make it easier. Then I Platinum Golden Abyss, and they tune Crushing mode and tweat Black Market after loads of Bounty grinding. *throws toys from pram*

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:22.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

Don’t u just feel cheated on twice now, escape plan then UCGA it’s like they saying lets screw Youles :D

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:42.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

You wait, the day after I Pass the 210th online Wipeout 2048 race, they’ll scrap requirements or halve the amount required ;)

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 17:01.
    • uncharted86
      Since: Jan 2012

I’m in the same boat with those two games. We can feel a little more proud about our pre-patch platinum/100% though :)

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:52.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

I suppose :O

Regarding your comment below – the fights were bloodying annoying weren’t they! I’d make the right touch-screen gesture, yet it would go Red and I’d have to do the whole thing again – very poor end to an otherwise awesome game!

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 17:03.
      • Crazy_Del

So I guess I am really lucky then?
        xD

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 19:21.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

It seems so! :O

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 19:55.
  5. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

That’s good, still have to get it for my Vita.

Not to be a pain, but can we get reply options for the mobile TSA? It’s a little hard to follow atm, sometimes.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:23.
  6. PoorPaddy89

Been looking over the interwebs for a lowdown on what the update involves! Looks lovely jubbly to me.

Having completed Hard mode last night and collected all treasures, I haven’t started Crushing yet. Would like to know what exactly the tweaks were it.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:35.
    • uncharted86
      Since: Jan 2012

My bet is on tweaking of the very frustrating chase in chapter 11 and the gesture based fights towards the end where you need ligtning fast reflexes on crushing.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:57.
      • bigbaldwolf
        Since: Mar 2012

Chapter 11 was ridiculous. It took no skill and was pure luck. You either got hit a lot by bullets or you didn’t. The final boss fights were tough too. I got to the very last swipe on the final boss and messed it up because it’s different on crushing. It then took about 20 more tries to get there again and boy was I ready for that last swipe.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 17:09.
  7. JoshHood
    Small briefcase w*nker

Great news! Now whatever happened to that multiplayer mode?

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:39.
  8. manky_

Hopefully the Black Market works now. Not had a bean from it, and have given up grinding for the bounties.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 16:50.
  9. TheLig
    Causing trouble is my business and business is good

Seriously, what’s the big deal. It signed you out of PSN to save power. It’s not exactly “silly”. I like power saving options. I don’t need to be signed into PSN to play Uncharted. This seems like a bunch of people whinging for no reason and Bend succumbing to it. Congrats guys, now you can’t play your Vita for as well. Go Team!

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 20:26.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

Or you could just sign out manually, and have a choice of whether or not to sign in.
      I personally won’t, but on the off chance I actually want to be social while gaming (fat chance, but hey, it could happen) now I can.

Plus, this means Skype calls can be received now.

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 20:35.
  10. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Cracking news. Cracking game ^_^

Comment posted on 11/05/2012 at 20:53.