Grab Your Board, Here's Some Pro Skater HD Footage

Next month, kids.

We’ve been poking Activision for a hands on with this for weeks, but they’re not budging, sadly.

Instead, here’s some European video from another site playing the game – across a number of levels – and yes, it looks fantastic.

Some of the physics looks like they’re been tweaked, mind, but still – we’re hyped.

Pro Skater HD, as we revealed, is out next month.

1. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

Eugh, this could have been such a good game without the moon physics.

The whole reason for the games addiction is to try and put in enough tricks before your skater hits the ground due to it’s fast paced physics. Now it looks way to easy. You could probably do a triple kickflip with just one ollie.

Disappointing.

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 10:18.
    • SpikeyMikey23

I’m hoping they have just slowed it down for the video. Seems way too slow and easy

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 10:23.
    • halbpro
      Team TSA: Writer
      Since: Mar 2009

I’m thinking it’s just the video. They’ve been showing this to press (not us) side by side with the original game, and it’s meant to play basically identically to the original.

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 10:42.
    • element666
      Since: Mar 2012

I know what you mean about the moon physics.
      But a triple kickflip is easily landed in the real world without moon physics.
      Plus the whole series was quite easy really as a whole.
      Im still going to get it as thps 2 was my fave ps one game :)

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 11:05.
    • KeRaSh

I’m sure they are showing off a fully upgraded character (ollie stats maxed out) with some kind of low gravity switch flicked on. I think they even had a low gravity cheat for it back then.

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 14:13.
  2. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

I’ve been playing a THPS2 this week, the speed and height these guys are getting look just the same. The grinds and verts look like they behave the same way as the old games and the camera is just as far back. I’m still keen, I think I’ll make this my birthday present to myself!

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 11:08.
    • FalconRedux
      Since: May 2011

I agree with you on this. I think watching someone else control it makes it look easier / slower than it feels when you’re playing. Watching the tricks the video showed in the horn area of Venice Beach I know you can get higher in the original THPS2. I think we should reserve judgement until there are reviews / a demo.

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 14:46.
  3. MICKY17

Looks great. Bring it on!

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 14:05.
  4. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

I have been gagging for this game since it was announced.
    I cannot wait for it to launch.

Comment posted on 15/05/2012 at 15:31.