HMV Selling Hitman: Sniper Challenge PS3 For £2

Cheap as chips.

I was under the impression that Hitman: Sniper Challenge was a nice pre-order bonus for Hitman Absolution. It’s a neat little meta-game featuring just a single level and mission, but almost endless high-score potential.

HMV Picadilly Circus seem to think it’s a stand alone game and are flogging it for just £2, a bit of a bargain by anyone’s books.

A quick Google reveals just one other online retailer is also selling the game separately, for £9.99 but have the item marked ‘out of stock’.

Literally as cheap as chips.

Read more:
  1. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

Saw that, bit weird. I’d be tempted to pick it up

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 14:55.
    • duke
      Since: Apr 2011

The Sniper Challenge DLC is included in the price if you pre-order from ShopTo.net. Plus it’s cheaper there than at Amazon or HMV at only £36.95.

From my experience pre-ordering from ShopTo, game ALWAYS come delivered the day before release. Since my oppo told me about ShopTo I’ve only made my game purchases from them. Plus they run a rewards scheme. Delivery is also Free First Class.

Comment posted on 17/05/2012 at 05:19.
  2. Jag

Preorder from Amazon, they send you the code in a couple of mins, then cancel your order :)

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 14:59.
    • LTG Davey
      andUandU

Sneaky :) Given I am ordering mine from Blockbusters instore I may need to resort to this tactic.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:07.
    • SpikeyMikey23

cheers for the tip, just pre-ordered, took 2 mins, now cancelled!

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:07.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

You are a very naughty young man. See me after school.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:58.
      • Plambey

story with this? just preordered there, got my autoconfirmation email, does another email come through shortly after? bold i know…

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 16:02.
      • Plambey

just did it there, i can confirm it works, sniper missions downloading now, nice one!

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 16:11.
      • Jag

But Sir!
        I actually didn’t cancel my preorder but the option was there so I thought I’d save everyone £2!
        So… do I get a Merit badge instead??

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 20:33.
    • Bankzy108
      Since: Sep 2009

Just done this, nice one – downloading now. Cheers =]

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 16:37.
  3. hazelam

i’d probably give it a try for a couple of quid.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:06.
    • jikomanzoku
      Since: Jan 2010

Same here, was about to go to town anyway so I’ll update as to whether Northampton humvvv has it when back.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:20.
      • jikomanzoku
        Since: Jan 2010

They are, which is odd as the challenges official site states clearly that it is only available as a “thank you to the fans” not as a purchasable product. Didn’t ask at the counter though (fat queue), so not sure whether the 2 quid constitutes a preorder deposit or if it is purely for the challenge.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 18:06.
      • hazelam

my guess it was intended as a preorder thing, but either by mistake or deliberately they chose to sell it.
        hmv do these sampler dvds that have the first eps of a few show, they’re supposed to be given away when you buy any of the series featured, but they tend to sell them for a couple of quid a swell.
        this may be like what they’re doing here.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 19:36.
  4. ABlokeCalledDaz

Thanks for the Amazon tip, HMV have fixed the price now.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:25.
    • ABlokeCalledDaz

*Not HMV – The Propel Gamer link, sorry.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:34.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

Propel still showing £9.99 for me?

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:57.
  5. TSBonyman

Perhaps nobody pre-ordered with that store and they just want to shift them. Funny though, free with cancelled pre-orders but not with actual purchases!

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:39.
  6. An-dz
    Since: Oct 2010

ohhh, thats sly, im suprised they havnt closed the loop on that, like a “no refunds” polocy once the e-mail has been sent or something.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:41.
    • ABlokeCalledDaz

They can’t it’s a pre-order and the DSR permits refunds of the title, they can’t get around that. They’ll probably close the loop and the code will be emailed out in 2 weeks. In which case 2 quid from HMV isn’t to bad an offer.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:59.
  7. ABlokeCalledDaz

Has anyone got an Amazon code working yet, you have to redeem it at hitmansniper.com but I can’t get it….

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 15:58.
    • mypetfrog
      Since: Feb 2012

Yup, just done it right now, ordered PS3 version, got code emailed straight away, went to hitmansniper.com registered and entered code… got the PSN code and its downloading just now :) Sweet!

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 16:05.
      • mypetfrog
        Since: Feb 2012

And then cancelled order with Amazon. Double sweet.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 16:06.
      • ABlokeCalledDaz

Yes, got mine about 5 mins after you replied, it didn’t like me using Chrome, Firefox was fine though, didn’t try IE.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 23:39.
  8. Tomhlord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

In the past I’ve seen these HMV £1/£2 barcodes applying for the “Extended Game Warranty Cover thingy” and not the game itself

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 16:33.
  9. hazelam

not really relevant, but my local HMV was selling the alien anthology on Bluray for a tenner.
    bit of a bargain if you ask me, and timely with Prometheus a few weeks away.

just thought i’d let people know while we’re on the subject of HMV.

i didn’t see the Hitman thing though, though i only had a quick look at the games section.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 19:41.
  10. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I was planning on pre-ordering and cancelling, just haven’t got round to it yet.

Comment posted on 16/05/2012 at 20:37.